Native Ad-Blocking Arrives On Opera & Opera Mini Browsers

Back in March we had informed you that Opera #-Link-Snipped-# native ad-blocking feature to its developers preview version of its desktop browser. Now we have good news, Opera has brought the ability to block ads without using a third party plug-in to not just its desktop browsers but also its mobile browsers as well for everyone. The feature of native ad-blocking has been enabled in Opera 37 and Opera Mini on mobile platforms such as Android. Opera claims that with its inbuilt ad-blocking feature some websites load up to 90% faster.

Opera Ad Blocking

As you already know the native ad-blocking feature of Opera works on the web engine level where the browsers checks the block list with the help of native code and fast algorithms as soon as the network request for the URL is made. They claim that their ad-blocking system on average loads pages 62% faster than without ad blocker. Opera also helps you know how fast a webpage loads with and without ads. The ad-blocking gadget shows you the loading speed of the current webpage with and without the ad blocker enabled. This especially helps advertisers know how they can make their ads more efficient to load so that people do not want to always block them. One of the useful enhancements rendered by the native ad-blocker is the reduction of memory consumption while opening multiple tabs. Opera claims that RAM consumption is reduced by up to 47% with the native ad-blocker. You can see in the picture below how Opera test case showed reduced RAM usage by up to 600MB while opening 10 tabs on different browsers.

Opera Memory Usage

The native ad-blocking feature on Opera is deactivated by default and can be enabled by the user by visiting the settings menu. You can activate or deactivate ad blocking for specific websites by flipping the ‘shield’ switch near the address bar. Just like the famous ad-blocker Ad Block Plus you can add websites to your exception list, see how many ads have been blocked however you cannot set custom blacklist parameters yet.

Apart from native ad-blocking, a new feature of video pop out has been enabled on the desktop version of Opera. This helps you shift a playing video to the side of your screen so that you can watch video and simultaneously check out other websites as well. You can download desktop browsers for PCs and Mac from the source link below and you are requested to visit Google Play Store to get your hands on Opera Mini for Android.

Opera Video Pop-Out

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google Blogspot is one of the most popular blogging platforms in the world. Since they are owned by Google who go by the “HTTPS Everywhere” mantra, they will now have...
After changing its logo and launching fifteen smartphones in one day, Indian smartphone and electronics manufacturer Micromax has launched a brand new notebook PC called the Canvas Lapbook that is...
GoPro on Wednesday refurbished and relaunched two mobile video editing apps, Quik (earlier known as Replay) and Splice, both of which the company had acquired in February for a whopping...
hi.. I have 200ah lead acid battery which is discharged for some time and i wanna know the remaining ah in battery can any one tell me how to find...
Hello everyone. I'm studying mechanical engineering but now I'm at Foreign language preparation class. I am improving myself about aircraft and space areas. I wanted to be expert in these...