NASSCOM 10000 Startups Program

The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has announced the ambitious 10000 startups program. The program aims to fund, incubate, nurture and mentor over 10000 startup companies in India in the next 10 years. Several leading technology companies have partnered with the program and the list includes Google, Microsoft and Verisign. The Indian Angel Network is also a part of the program.

The program has main objective of nurturing the entrepreneurial spirit and talent in India especially in the technology domain. NASSCOM hopes that this program will have a huge impact on the jobs, India's GDP and also on the entrepreneurial indices. NASSCOM President Som Mittal said that this is one of the largest initiatives that Nasscom is undertaking and will be vital to realise the industry vision of USD 300 billion by 2020.

Yet another similar program that is operational in India is the 'Startup Village' at Cochin. It aims to incubate, fund and nurture over 1000 companies in the telecom and related tech domains and has received lot of interest from the Government and the corporate sector. The Startup Village was also the first one in India to get the 1Gbps Internet connectivity, making it second in the world after Kansas city in the USA where Google's laid out 1Gbps network fiber.

Do you think such steps from leading organisations will help in changing the entrepreneurial scene in India? I believe unless the society starts celebrating failure, there won't be many entrepreneurs coming out of India who will redefine the engineering and technology of tomorrow.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Indians are people who really love to follow tycoons around the World and not in our own Country. I think these programs provide a way for these so called futuristic vision less people of our nation to unearth treasures in the local heads

Happy about these programs being help in our country and Real boon to many entrepreneur wannabes
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think what Nasscom is doing is commendable. Until now, business people and entrepreneurs were seen as 'crooks' who bend the law and suck the blood out of people to get rich. The emergence of such initiatives and possible outcome of successful businesses through such initiatives will definitely help in changing the way society looks at entrepreneurs (even those who fail).

We don't have 'role models' until now. The more we produce them, the faster will be the rate of change of society's outlook - which will drive even more number of talented people into entrepreneurship & startups.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is 'Zigbee'? I have seen a lot of project topics on it. I am searching for my final year project topic. So how should I proceed if I want...
Alright, check this out! 40 knots. Let's break this down engineer style! Who wants to discus and figure out it's composition or the engineering & physics behind how it works?
Looks like the print business is in fashion again. We've been writing a lot about 3D printing, but if that limits your creativity - how about printing images on your...
Google Babble could be the new chat service from Google that will integrate all the existing instant messaging / communication services the company offers. We've been hearing from multiple sources...