NASA proves interplanetary internet, Lego proves marketing brilliance

Sunita Williams, current ISS commander, took 'a small step for mankind' and a giant leap for the internet when she controlled a small Lego-branded robot at the ESA headquarters in Germany through the internet from the ISS.

Quote:
The breakthrough on display in the Lego experiment was NASA’s ARPA-like innovation in networking: Disruption Tolerant Networking, or the DTN protocol, which again looks to inoculate communications against disruptions and equipment failures.
Endquote

Wonders will never cease when crazy engineers are afoot.

NASA proves interplanetary internet, Lego proves marketing brilliance | ExtremeTech

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We covered the news on VoiCE. The DTN technology seems to be the future of communication. #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi.. I am a new member to this. so forgive me for my mistakes.. Actually I have to submit a minor project in this semester, and i am a single...
The humidifier is nothing, but those big heavy boxes, with a fan in the center, which one may get to see in the households in the Nothern parts of India....
The devices which i am listing are flow measurement devices. what are their specialities , and in what way does each differ from the other : ? venturimeter rotameter orifice...
This project may interest those who want to add robotic voice to circuits. Though a pickaxe project (whatever that is) Arduino ( whatever that means) code is also given. https://www.instructables.com/id/Robot-Voice-How-To-Make-Any-Circuit-Talk/
Now a days it is a very big question that "what is the time?". There are lot of explanations about the time.But no one assure about the perfect explanation of...