Nanotechnology-this Is Our Future !!!

nanotechnology is reachin INDIA....(although quite late!!!!)
nanotechnology can make steel 100 times stronger with same size.....
machining can b xtremely accurate upto atomic level....
computers can consume billion times less power....
and the projections are endles.....
so wat do CRAZY ENGINEERS have to say bout this...
lets interact and share our knowledge !!!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This is no doubt inspiring. Swapnil, not many of us know about Nanotechnology. How about writing a short article on Nanotechnology and how is it going to affect us?

Of course, once we have a base, discussions can kick off in no time ๐Ÿ˜€ Anyone willing to take this up?

-The Big K-
  • rosh009
    rosh009
    HERE I'M!!!
    ok biggie!i'll take it up!
    it'll be posted in a day or two!๐Ÿ‘
  • crook
    crook
    rosh009
    HERE I'M!!!
    ok biggie!i'll take it up!
    it'll be posted in a day or two!๐Ÿ‘
    Hello rosh
    Please write in layman's language. It will be helpful to all of us. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • rosh009
    rosh009
    crook
    Hello rosh
    Please write in layman's language. It will be helpful to all of us. ๐Ÿ˜€
    ok crook!
    will write it in as simple a language as i can!
  • rosh009
    rosh009
    Article:nanotechnology

In 1959,richard.p.feynman declared-"there is plenty of room at the bottom!"
    then he went onto quote that "i am not afraid to consider the final question as to whether,ultimately,in the great future -we can arrange the atoms the way we want,the very atoms,all the way down!"
    it was only in 1974,that this study of manipulation of units of matter was dubbed as nanotechnology norio taniguchi.it is derived from greek word for dwarf.nano is one-billionth part of a metre and roughly it is about length of 10 hydrogen atoms.
    the point about nanotech is that it sets out to exploit the strange properties found in those very small worlds!
    indeed small,no wonder this made scientists to comment like "the next big thing is really smalll!" and "any intelligent fool can make things bigger,more complex and more violent.but it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to make in the opposite direction!"
    the beauty of this technology is that it allows to manufacture stuff with atomic precision.this will not only help scientist to come out with materials with improved properties but also helps in better understanding of its defects at atomic level.
    finding the novel properties at nanoscale is one part but the most important part is to make use of those properties.and manipulation of these properties
    will lead to stuffs which may seem not less than a magic!
    some of the examples are as follows:
    1.many companies over the world are working on materials that one day be made into solar cells in the form of paint!!![CHEMICAL ENGG.]
    2.a comp. called nanosonic in virginia has created metallic rubber,which stretches like rubber but conducts electricity![MATERIAL SCIENCES]
    3.GE's research centre in NY is trying to manufacture flexible ceramics
    ie.a material that can be used in jet engine parts to help them run more effficiently at higher temperatures.[aerospace engg.]
    4.then there is TiO2[titanium dioxide] chemical:this has very wide apllications.*a coating of this on window panes would make them self cleaning windows!**a coating of this on the outside face of the house,would help in absorption of atmospheric pollutants.*this injected into body can act as drug molecules to conteract tumours!...the list goes on and on and on!!!
    still there are many more [so-called] magics of this technology that are already invented and still to be invented.but the latter part depends on how U can wave ur IMAGINATION and come out with some more STUNNING MAGICS!!!
    the reason why i referred to imagination is because all these years[atleast for two years] you have written benzene structure.NOW DID U EVER THINK THAT THIS BENZENE has a gear like structure and can be used as a molecular gear[ie.indeed used as a nanogear]!!!
    NOW THATZ NANOTECHNOLOGY FOR U!!!๐Ÿ˜
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    ๐Ÿ˜ Had read about nanotechnology, but, i was really impressed by its ability to be used as concentrate contrast agent and anti-cancer drugs to improve imaging and treatment of cancer.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Fantastic job, rosh! ๐Ÿ˜ . There's more to be discussed about this. Get in touch with me through email.

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Fantastic job, rosh! ๐Ÿ˜ . There's more to be discussed about this. Get in touch with me through email.

-The Big K-

Nice work Job.... Soon me too will come with more material on this...

Wait n Watch...

--Crazy
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    Nanotechonology hope so there wont be much space to talk about this future techonology.

But Notes mentioned about were so clear .

Cont with latest updates. Eagerly Waiting for it...

Regards,
    A.Sudhakar...
  • Enmity
    Enmity
    I'm in Nanotechnology Engineering at the University of Waterloo

Anyone else studying "nano''? ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Enmity
    I'm in Nanotechnology Engineering at the University of Waterloo

Anyone else studying "nano''? ๐Ÿ˜
    Good to hear that, Enmity ๐Ÿ˜€ . I'm sure our CEan tribe has many Chemical Engineers who are interested in Nanotechnology. I believe we all can make a difference by popularizing the subject through articles & discussions. What do you say?

In due course of time, as we gather more engineers, we can do something innovative in the field of Nanotechnology. That's actually a 'big thing' to talk about at this point of time ๐Ÿ˜

Enmity, I guess, you know the subject better than others on CE. How about coming up with an article about the same?

-The Big K-
  • vijaytikode
    vijaytikode
    hello friends........
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hey vijay! why don't you intro yourself at the Introduction threads here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Oh, thanks for bumping up this thread, haha. This nanotech thing has great potential in the field of electronics too! ๐Ÿ˜

- Some PDF links:
    #-Link-Snipped-# (a short Motorola article)
    #-Link-Snipped-# (Interesting HP presentation)

- A 2005 article from eweek:
    Nanotech Will Bring the World to Its Ears
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Vector
    Vector
    Nanotechnology is a promising field, but also riddled with a lot of hype. Because the behaviour of materials at the nano-scale is quite different from bulk behavior, the properties of nanomaterials (particularly nanoparticles) are not always well understood and whats worse, do not always fit in with known theory so well.

So, extoll the virtues of nanomaterials by all means, but temper it with realism.;-)

Nanotechnology has the potential to impact the electronics/data storage industry the most in the short-medium term, for the medical side of things, we will have to wait a bit longer.

Had read about nanotechnology, but, i was really impressed by its ability to be used as concentrate contrast agent and anti-cancer drugs to improve imaging and treatment of cancer.
    I work in a related field, and it is indeed promising, but see my statements above. Much of the behavior of these nanoparticles in-vivo is not well understood, and of the literature in the field, about 80-90% is junk, based on unreproducable empirical results.

We are atleast 5-10 years away from seeing nanoparticle based therapy systems result in a drastic leap over exisiting methods. Sure, small, incremental improvements are always going to be there, but for a big breakthrough, we need to wait a bit longer.
  • Tejashree Katdare
    Tejashree Katdare
    I want more to read about nanotechnology.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    hey i missed this thread ๐Ÿ˜€
    i had done a presentation on "nanotechnology in civil engineering" for CE-colloquim๐Ÿ˜
    check the civil engineering applications in here: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • gteuae
    gteuae
    Great article ... very informative... Thanks..

Regards.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This should (literally) gladden the heart of nano technologists!

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I found This program has tremendous potiential...has the makings of probably.. The next Google... N we can play a big role..n yes..V stand to lose nothing.... Just bring as many...
this is me a maverickk...doing agricultural engineering from punjab agricultural university ludhiana...punjab...i am a final year student placed with Tafe tractors chennai(massey ferguson) guys ilove reading and listening infact i...
can anyone explain what are subnets as used in tcp/ip?
HI, I am stuck on one question.. How to unlock a computer using Automation script...Say VB script.. Or may be some other script.. or free tool which i can schedule...
Hello All, We are going to design and fabricate shell and tube heat exchanger. It is a mini project, so we are going to spend a small amount of money....