Nano will it be successfull on road ????

Will TATA NANO be successfull on Indian roads ??
i m asking this question because i think the ground clearence of its engine is much lower then any other car so i think it will be a flop show on real conditions . please do reply with ur comments

Replies

• nishb19
    nishb19
    i m asking this question because i think the ground clearence of its engine is much lower then any other car so i think it will be a flop show on real conditions . please do reply with ur comments
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    nishb19
    I disagree. Nano can run on any road where a two wheeler can run. Today, I checked out Honda's battery powered two wheeler and it, too, doesn't have a big ground clearance.

Tatas have experience in building cars and I don't they didn't pay attention to the ground clearance.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Nano will be a success!! Simply because they are controlling the supply of the car per city. No one will bother about the ground clearance of the car as such, the fact that it would be cheaper than an auto rickshaw indicates that people will jump at the opportunity to get such a car.

Tatas, will also have done a good amount of marketing efforts in ensuring that the car gets raving reviews. I recently read that they are also making an upmarket Nano for the foreign markets.

Have any of you heard about a compact car named - Pinto? It was by the great company Ford. And trust me, although the car itself was not such a safe vehicle, it still did great sales. By the time people realized that it was an accident-waiting-to-happen on four wheels, they had already bought a huge number of those cards. Read more of it here - Ford Pinto - Wikipedia
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    Nano will be a success!! Simply because they are controlling the supply of the car per city. No one will bother about the ground clearance of the car as such, the fact that it would be cheaper than an auto rickshaw indicates that people will jump at the opportunity to get such a car.

Tatas, will also have done a good amount of marketing efforts in ensuring that the car gets raving reviews. I recently read that they are also making an upmarket Nano for the foreign markets.

Have any of you heard about a compact car named - Pinto? It was by the great company Ford. And trust me, although the car itself was not such a safe vehicle, it still did great sales. By the time people realized that it was an accident-waiting-to-happen on four wheels, they had already bought a huge number of those cards. Read more of it here - Ford Pinto - Wikipedia
    That's something.

@nishb19, know the "Reva" ? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • mahul
    mahul
    Yeah heard of it.... it was launched as india's first electric powered car bt never saw any on roads...dunno what happened to them.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Production had yet to start when they launched the campaign ๐Ÿ˜€
    Itll be several months before you see them on the road Mahul.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    Production had yet to start when they launched the campaign ๐Ÿ˜€
    Itll be several months before you see them on the road Mahul.
    Reva is already on roads! I can see one through the window right now ๐Ÿ˜Ž !
  • mahul
    mahul
    This is gettin' real confusing, i must say...
  • nishb19
    nishb19
    with all due respect to ur comments but according to my information reva is a total flop show not even 1000 cars were sold . and some gentlemen gave reference of the ford car but the place that car was launched had no water logging like we have in india and their some difference in a two wheeler and a four wheeler !
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hi Nish,
    I did not get your last point about some difference in a two wheeler and a four wheeler, could you please shed some more light on that?

The point I was trying to make by giving the example of Pinto, was that people will buy any product if the price of that product is much lesser than what they perceive. If I suddenly tell you that a diamond ring costs for $25 instead of 20 times as much, then would you or would you not rush to buy that ring?

I am sure, in that case there will be four other people like us discussing the same thing in a forum like this ๐Ÿ˜€
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    Nano will it be successful on road i disagree,the people around India
    will look for safety,power,capacity.it does not have so much power when compared to others..we may get it at 1lakhs but the other companies like maruthi are all planning to introduce their own cars for this rate..
  • technospartan
    technospartan
    Well when a comapny like tata motors has launched an automobile after years of research (that to based on indian conditions) it has gotta be successful.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Lets see for the TEST RUN of TATA NANO...declared by M.D of Tata Motor"s as on JUNE'08 probably.Then we can finally came to a conclusion that whether SINGUR PLant is able to manufacture a CAR suitable for poor roads of MUMBAI,KOLKATA etc.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I think it will be hugely successful, so much so that congestion & pollution will become the #1 problem. Not just in the cities like Mumbai or Dehli where those are already concerns but everywhere.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Everyone, I need help in preparing chip design specs sheet for a particular type of integrated circuit. I tried to google this topic but available data is less to...
Most (or all?) of us read Dilbert. People who spend a significant amount of their time inside cubicle adore Dilbert. So, who is your favorite Dilbert character? and of course,...
hello to all crazy engineers
Friends, Jaan Tallinn of Skype ( Small Talk with Skype's Jaan Tallinn ) celebrates his birthday today. Jaan, we wish you a very happy birthday! ๐Ÿ˜
CEans, Do check out Guy Kawasaki's blog ( How to Change the World ) . I bet you will love it ! How to Change the World ๐Ÿ˜€