• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    how about Cheetah - Four Stroke
    Eagle - Two Stroke
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    priya ts
    why this four stoke & two stroke engines are named like that?๐Ÿ‘Ž
    They are named on the basis of the crankshaft revolution to complete a power cycle by the engine and the no. of strokes of the piston.

The two stroke engine completes a power cycle in only 1 crankshaft revolution with 2 strokes (up/down movement) of the piston.
    Whereas, the four stroke completes its power cycle in 2 crankshaft revolutions with 4 strokes of the piston.

The four strokes of a 4 stroke engine are- Suction, Compression, Power and Exhaust.
    But in 2 stroke engine, the end of combustion (or power) stroke and beginning of compression stroke happen simultaneously, performing the intake and exhaust functions at the same time.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    to make a long story short:

four stroke engines: each working cycle is completed in FOUR stokes of the piston.

two stroke engines: each working cycle is completed in TWO stokes of the piston.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    sauravgoswami
    how about Cheetah - Four Stroke
    Eagle - Two Stroke
    the problem is both cheetah and eagle have distinctions of being the fastest in their jurisdiction
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    I just suggested the name ;-) Stoke sounds as if its a medical emergency
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    sauravgoswami
    I just suggested the name ;-) Stoke sounds as if its a medical emergency
    "stroke" is more of an affliction, than a surgery. isn't it ?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Yeah, it occurs if any of your artery is blocked, disrupting blood flow, which can result in life threathing emergency

zaveri
    "stroke" is more of an affliction, than a surgery. isn't it ?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    sauravgoswami
    Yeah, it occurs if any of your artery is blocked, disrupting blood flow, which can result in life threathing emergency
    specially the one to the brain i don't know more about it ๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Pardon my limited knowledge of the networks; but in my quest of finding out differences between DSL connections and FTTH connections; the most important point that struck me is that...
Hello, I am new here and my name is Kabian. Would love to receive more suggestions and ideas from you guys as I'm currently on my final semester on my...
Hello!! I am second year student of electrical engineering. I am interested in robotics and i want to be a robotics engineer.. but i dont know whether it is a...
i think the Enlighter word is suitable to every Engineer because he gives intellectual light to the world and he plays a major role in the development of rapid silicon...
i wanted to make an airplane for my college competition ..... can anyone suggest me which servo do i need for the rudder n other direction control... please help me...