MyMTC - New app for tracking real time bus locations of Chennai

Hi Guys,

Well I have been involved in this android app for city buses for quite some time and launched for Chennai buses.

One of the major problems faced by the city bus commuter is not knowing when the bus they want to board reaches their stop. There can be many reasons for it like bus-schedule-change/bus diversions/ traffic-jam / rain etc. The condition of the commuters who travels in less frequency buses would be more frustrating. Unless there is some real-time tracking of buses we end up waiting and spending anxious moments for buses at bus stops daily. Though there are proposals of tracking bus locations through GPS devices and releasing it to the public, it is unlikely that would happen any time soon. MY MTC would try to solve this issue through the concept of crowd sourcing and to provide right information at the right time for a peaceful journey.

MyMTC is a crowd sourcing android app developed to track real-time bus locations for Chennai City buses. Bus commuters can update (spot) the current bus location of the buses they notice during their travel. Users can search for the updates or get real-time updates for their favorite buses by tagging them. User current location retrieved through mobile GPS is taken as current bus location. Efficient algorithms have been written to make the process simpler and efficient. Many validations are in place to prevent wrong updates. Users would also get important bus news alerts like bus-diversions/new-buses/bus-strikes etc;

It’s a one stop app for the city bus services with the below features.

Features:

· Crowd sourcing the real-time bus locations.
· Spotting and Finding a bus is very simple.
· Can tag the favorite buses to get notifications bus alerts with location and time filter.
· Can get the nearest bus stop based on your current location through GPS.
· Can retrieve all the buses passing through a stop.
· Map View of the bus route.
· Bus details like distance, bus fare , number of stops can be got in a click.
· Map View of the bus route.
· Background sync for bus changes.

Download the app at #-Link-Snipped-# or search mymtc in playstore.

1.Home Page

Please provide your suggestions and feedback for making city bus journey simpler.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That's simply great, what you are doing for Chennai.
    Inviting CEans from Chennai to review the app.

[USERGROUP=4]@Moderators[/USERGROUP] Please tag some CEans from the city here.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# Praveen is not in India but he may tag few more CEans.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    great app that would be useful for chennaities .good work.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    This is awesome. I can test it out! 😀
  • friendly function
    friendly function

Waste it does not work in my mobile

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I would like to know whether anyone has done any kind of project in newest standard C11 ? Even though it is latest standard I have heard C89 is still...
As e-commerce websites beam out with collection of clothes for every age-group of the society, more and more people are swiftly embracing the online clothes shopping experience. A lot of...
Quote: Here’s a look at robots depicted in movies and on TV during the 1950s and 1960s. We tried to collect the classics here, omitting the scores of forgettable B...
For my BE project i m thinking to design it. I just want to ask u that this is published before. And if this project is already made than please...
I'm planning to build a hobby project. A simple add on for chargers which can be set to charge a device for a specific time and then cut off from...