My spoken English sounds as if I am out to take a revenge from the English

My spoken English sounds as if I am out to take revenge from Britishers for exploiting Indians till 1947.😁
But that's not the case.πŸ˜›
I love the language very much and don't want to embarrass it further more. Please tell me how am I supposed to improve my spoken English.
Yes, I do talk in English(I told you I love it) with my besties,(doing it since past 3years and so I have made an effort to improve it) so its not that bad.
I just want to know the correct way of pronouncing words. So that I make or be part of an effective communication and make favorable impact while communicating.
Help in all its forms will be appreciated with thousand watts smile and will also be tried.πŸ˜‰

Replies

• Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Ekta Sharma
    My spoken English sounds as if I am out to take revenge from Britishers for exploiting Indians till 1947.😁
    But that's not the case.πŸ˜›
    I love the language very much and don't want to embarrass it further more. Please tell me how am I supposed to improve my spoken English.
    Yes, I do talk in English(I told you I love it) with my besties,(doing it since past 3years and so I have made an effort to improve it) so its not that bad.
    I just want to know the correct way of pronouncing words. So that I make or be part of an effective communication and make favorable impact while communicating.
    Help in all its forms will be appreciated with thousand watts smile and will also be tried.πŸ˜‰
    The Englishmen don't pronounce our words well either, so don't beat yourself up over it πŸ˜€ (The Britishers will probably pronounce your name as Ekteh in an accent instead of Ekta).

Even if the other person is able to understand the English you speak, that's good enough. πŸ‘
  • Ekta Sharma
    Ekta Sharma
    Punch_a_Tantra
    The Englishmen don't pronounce our words well either, so don't beat yourself up over it πŸ˜€ (The Britishers will probably pronounce your name as Ekteh in an accent instead of Ekta).

Even if the other person is able to understand the English you speak, that's good enough. πŸ‘
    What about my intonation and all? Its as such that no one would like to hear me speaking even if what I am speaking is substantial enough.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The first thing to know is English isn't a perfect language and there no 'right' way to pronounce words. If the grammar defined it properly, 'but' and 'put' would sound alike.

Be comfortable with the accent you have and don't try to fake it. It just shows the mental slavery that the Brits left Indians with.
  • Ekta Sharma
    Ekta Sharma
    AhemπŸ˜’
    Alright The_Big_K.
    But let me make it clear am not hell-bent on making my accent sound like theirs. I like mine.
    Thank You all.πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi sir,this is smrats. i am a student of M.tech in energy technology. i'v to make a thesis. please suggest me some topics on which i can do a thesis...
Can i get more information about "AUTOMATIC DRUNKEN DRIVE DETECTIVE SYSTEM”
Hello everyone! i want to ask something. I have Xilinx EDK 9.2i. And I need to drive a TFT Display. But the problem is, theri is no tft controller in...
can anybody send me ukpsc sallybus and previous year question papers.
Unlike the regular cars that we use , golf carts are light-duty vehicles only transporting a golfer with his golf-clubs. These aren't available much in India since there aren't many...