My SAE experiences.

Hello friends,

This is Ishan Topre, your very own ishutopre ๐Ÿ˜€ I have actually participated in SAE baja car making competition. So I want to post my experiences in this thread.

I would like you to share your experiences here too. It would be very beneficial to discuss these things here. Let alone winning or losing we will actually be gaining a lot of knowledge. In case if anyone has doubts or questions you may feel free to ask them. Similarly I will also ask questions. Let us make it an interactive session.

What say people?

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    This is the first one which we should all go through. Considering that I have completely no knowledge of computers, I had to actually wait for 3-4 months to get a soft copy. So for everyone of you I am making it available here at CE. You just have to click on it. ๐Ÿ˜€

I think that the hardships that I faced, you should not face. It may be available elsewhere, I do not know but consider this as a gift from your friend...

Find the downloadable content in this thread link mentioned below

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    So when I was selected in SAE team from my college, I started with some research. I studied some theory. Believe me due to practiclal experience, I have gained a lot of knowledge. I think I would gain huge benefits from it in future. I would recommend that you too should try to participate in such events. Failure is a part and parcel of game but at least you would have tried.

now returning to topic, the important thing which you would require is a work shop and a commercial garage. My friends searched a bit and asked and visited place and they found many garages willing to teach us and let us gain experience. It is due to their efforts that we would be making our car. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The book which I referred was Crouse and Anglin. It is one of the best books of automobile engineering. ๐Ÿ˜€

This one is the latest news for today, just saw it ๐Ÿ˜€
    There are total 36 prizes to be won and two additional as best teachers award.

Please check this: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Today I am going for market survey of our car. I do not know much about it though but will soon post about it once I get to know exactly what it is and how it is done. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    So I came back. What we did finally was to talk to students who had earlier participated in Baja. We heard their experiences. We also tried to find the price of parts which are recommended by Baja.
  • sandeepan_ME
    sandeepan_ME
    i am going to participate in BAJA 2012, please advise me on how to design the car, the basic know hows of the automobile and some good books to help me
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    See, I have gone through Anglin and Crouse book a number of times. It is very good. Another one is by Mr.Kirpal Singh Vol 1and 2.

But if you will ask my advise, then you need to find a professional mechanic who will try to guide you. See, that you SHOULD NOT hire him. It is for your benefit, you only need to learn from him.

All the best.
  • sandeepan_ME
    sandeepan_ME
    thank u for your valuable advice
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    This is the list of parts recommended by Mahindra alpha
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    These are the various images of those above mentioned parts. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    These are the next 5 images. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Guide lines for SAE baja Virtual
    ishutopre
    Hello friends,

This is Ishan Topre, your very own ishutopre ๐Ÿ˜€ I have actually participated in SAE baja car making competition. So I want to post my experiences in this thread.

I would like you to share your experiences here too. It would be very beneficial to discuss these things here. Let alone winning or losing we will actually be gaining a lot of knowledge. In case if anyone has doubts or questions you may feel free to ask them. Similarly I will also ask questions. Let us make it an interactive session.

What say people?

can u send me all details and working procedure how we construct and all about sponcership and book for basics i m a 1st year student please tell me ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    For rule book, contact The_Big_K or Biggie. #-Link-Snipped-# He will help you. ๐Ÿ˜€

Regarding books, Just read above posts.

Regarding information, there is a registration file uploaded.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Find the Rule Book for download here : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Amith Gupta
    Amith Gupta
    can someone help me in designing braking system for 10-inch rims for that ATV we are supposed to make. Since this is my first time, i would like to know which books to refer, if u could tell me the design procedure it would be better!!Urgent!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yeah sure Amit, I will tell you what we are doing. We are just seeing and observing different designs of various automobiles. Regarding books, I am referring Anglin.

I am also seeing and studying the designs used in previous SAE competitions.

But my personal suggestion is that you should go to get some practical knowledge. There are some people who make alterations in designs. We need to sit with them and understand the process.

All this takes not more than a couple of days. Then you can use advanced software designing tools.

Regarding braking system. I would prefer to use disc brakes.
  • Amith Gupta
    Amith Gupta
    but it seems drum brakes are supposed to be used this time in BAJA.
  • cashifk
    cashifk
    Any help on transmission on where and how to start like know how's reading material??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, I've been a BSNL 3G subscriber since last couple of months and enjoyed the Rs. 4200 Unlimited 6 month data usage. However, it seems that I've consumed all the...
I almost fell laughing when I saw this how-to video: [video=youtube;k7LnTr3TCuw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7LnTr3TCuw&feature=player_embedded[/video] The description says- Planting a little lawn in a coworker's keyboard is a nice way to welcome him back...
Hello people, I want to give a boost to this section by starting a section which would aim at giving our CEans at least an average idea of different businesses....
Hi All, I have completed my BE.Instrumentation last year, I am currently working as an IT professional, i need to switch back to a job of Instrumentation. I wanted to...
Can we make our home computer work as a server,if we do not have a large amount of database?