My next PC won't have BIOS

My next computer won't have BIOS. It will have "UEFI" instead, according to:
Change to 'Bios' will make for PCs that boot in seconds - BBC News

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    I don't think so....Ya there is the improvement in the booting time.
    But because booting time does not only depend on the BIOS.
    During the booting time you have to load the system files from your hard disk.So I think synchronised hard disk may solve this issue.
    But i don't think BIOS matters a lot.
    I just said what i think...!!
    I am still a student so may be i am wrong somewhere..Correct me if i am wrong somewhere...!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I remember starting a thread on Instant On Operating System. Why has no one worked on eliminating the long boot times of computers? 😐
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    hmm... but i Don't think that Synchronized Hard Disk reduce the booting time because at the time of formatting it work same as the unsynchronized hard Disk but ya it arrange the file in sequentially rather then randomly. IF there is any Synchronized concept then it would only used to reduce the searching time.

this is what i think!
    Do me correct if i m wrong at any point.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    No no not formating sushant i am talking about booting.
    While you boot an OS your RAM searched your hard disk for system files like IO.SIS,MS.SIS,COMMAND.COM...but in hard disk your files are not arranged in synchronised.
    So that's why you have to search for a particular file but if you have a synchronised hard disk this searching time for every file is skiped.
    And then you have less time to boot any os.
    But till now no one find a synchronised hard disk.
    Correct me if i am wrong anywhere..!!
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    oh ya Mohit i got it . ya it would be easy if there is any concept of Synchronized hard Disk. It surely going to reduce the booting time.
    but i think it is bit difficult to arrange file sequentially.Because at the time of formatting the arranging of files sequentially is difficult because at the formatting time the size of cluster size is fixed and is difficult to arrange files sequentially because file size may exceed the size of cluster and may lead to the wastage of cluster size if file size is less then the cluster size.

do me correct if i m wrong!
  • sam_from_hell
    sam_from_hell
    oooooh :shock:
    Can the BIOS be upgraded to UEFI??😕😕😕
    Also is this confirmed??😕
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    what is UEFI?????
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Well, my PC does start in seconds. Thanks to a cute little penguin called Tux!! 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just as we were discussing BlindType in the CE-Reviews Section, I read the news about Google acquiring that company. "We're excited to join Google, and look forward to the great...
how can we know that my system is big endian or little endian???
Puppy Tweets™ is an exciting new product for dog owners that lets your dog use Twitter! Here’s how it works. The Puppy Tweets™ tag is attached to your dog’s collar....
With the newly introduced refined user titles and ranks, I am sure all the beginners as well as oldies will want to get the higher ranks. But shouldn't we be...
Hi guys, I am a computer engg student, so I have very little knowledge about this field. Few days before my nokia headset wh-102 hs-125 mic stop working. Now button...