My next idea for implementing in vehicles!!

while a car is parked in sunlight for a long time itz very hot inside , isn't? so why cant they use a solar powered fan all over to exchange heat from inside of the car to outside so that to an extends hotns can be controlled...no battery power consumption, automatic power on switch checking if car engine is in off state, if so it need to work automatically because otherwise it will work all the time while we are driving, putting ac... is this idea good?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I have lived for nearly 15 years in Trivandrum and know how unbearably hot the inside of a closed parked car can get. If you cover the car with solar cells, that will itself prevent much of the heat from getting in. Sort of an umbrella. Other than that how will a fan working inside a closed car throw out the heat?
    Think up a way to use the fan to bring in cooler air from below the car and throw out the hot air through a duct and you may have worthwhile system.
  • Rahul SR
    Rahul SR
    thank you for your precious reply sir..im too from trivandrum....yes that was my idea....
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    To set up fan inside car is seems bit difficult but instead of that simply car covered with solar panel can surely reduced too much heat getting inside the car.
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    You can actually utilize the solar panel to generate electricity for the whole car. I think the fan is a good idea. I have never seen a car with a good interior cooling system when the engine is not running. But if I may ask, how are you going to make sure the hot air flows out and the cool air flows in? Adding a filter might also be a good idea so that the car will be both cool and fresh after the long parking hour.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    zm-i
    You can actually utilize the solar panel to generate electricity for the whole car. I think the fan is a good idea. I have never seen a car with a good interior cooling system when the engine is not running. But if I may ask, how are you going to make sure the hot air flows out and the cool air flows in? Adding a filter might also be a good idea so that the car will be both cool and fresh after the long parking hour.
    When a fan runs in a closed room, i don't think an outlet is required to let out any air. the fan only increases the air flow velocity and creates a wind-chill effect which comforts the occupants.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    zaveri
    the fan only increases the air flow velocity and creates a wind-chill effect which comforts the occupants.
    I am afraid there is more to it.
    All that a blowing wind does is to increase the heat tranfer coefficient. So if the temperature of the air is above body temperature, a blowing wind will transfer more heat to the body and it will feel hotter!
    It wil be wind warm factor. You will feel more uncomfortable.
    YOu can check this out with this calculator:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Oh. I might I got it wrong. Are those fans supposed to work when the car is on the off stage (parking) or when the engine runs? ๐Ÿ˜
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    #-Link-Snipped-#: I have opened the link you gave. I read the Wind Chill Chart and it shows that the wind always decrease the temperature. ๐Ÿ˜•
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    zm-i
    #-Link-Snipped-#: I have opened the link you gave. I read the Wind Chill Chart and it shows that the wind always decrease the temperature. ๐Ÿ˜•
    e.g. For a wind speed of 5mph and an air temperature 105F the perceived temperature = 105.68435004780198, which is about 0.7 more than the air temperature.
    For an air temperature of 90.4, the perceived temperature = 90.4.
    Below air temperature of 90.4 the chill factor starts.
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    I think we need some cooling system that can be operated from a distance.It should pre-cool before we arrive.Maybe a SMS based system,maybe 1 min before we get out of the office/shopping mall just send the message and the car will be ready for you.
    Without turning on the engine,using power from car batteries.
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    Solar-panel powered fan (interior cooling system) can work since the car is parked under the sunlight. No need to send a command.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    However, at least a thermostat will help conserving power. When the cooler is not working the panel can charge the battery. No point in wasting available power.
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    -Solar panels are costly so,the cost of such a system will be very high.
    -Plus added weight of solar panels and the circuit will need cutoff system to stop the panel from overcharging the battery.
    -Not suitable for every climate conditions.So at places having more rainy days ,solar panels are not going to work at its full capacity.
    You just have to turn on the AC 1-2 mins before you get into the car.I really think a pre-cool system is more suitable.
  • Rahul SR
    Rahul SR
    white_hat
    -Solar panels are costly so,the cost of such a system will be very high.
    -Plus added weight of solar panels and the circuit will need cutoff system to stop the panel from overcharging the battery.
    -Not suitable for every climate conditions.So at places having more rainy days ,solar panels are not going to work at its full capacity.
    You just have to turn on the AC 1-2 mins before you get into the car.I really think a pre-cool system is more suitable.
    thank u bro for ur precious suggestion.....itz an nice idea....
  • lalit varshney
    lalit varshney
    home made solar ac could be used in refined form
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    zm-i
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Oh. I might I got it wrong. Are those fans supposed to work when the car is on the off stage (parking) or when the engine runs? ๐Ÿ˜
    If those fans are motor-powered, then it is essential that the ignition alone is switched on. no need for the engine to run then.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The car gets hot because it is closed. If we have perforations at floor level and a 5 cm dia extensible chimney through the roof (two meters) rather like the antenna, natural convection alone may keep the interior reasonably cool without any active component or power.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Im a ECE 7th sem student .., has to work on project .., i want it to be a good one for mankind..., I
If you log-in to Twitter - you will see a message: Twitter is currently down for <%= reason %>. We expect to be back in <%= deadline %>. For more...
hello everyone i got an idea to build an application on android.... in vehicles there uses digital electronics for fuel gauge,temp etc....create an application which can read the present engine...
Most solid beams put to practical use have a particular cross-sectional shape , because each such shape has a unique mechanical property, which help the beam to perform its function...
AT&T Multi-Beam Antenna Provides 5x Data Speeds For Live Events Google Interactive Spaces Makes Physical Rooms Come Alive Virtual Power Plants For Green Energy From University of Southampton Japanese FITSAT-1...