My Interview Experience @ TATA Consultancy Services! :)

Hey guys... I will be sharing here my interview experiences... Feel free to comment... 😀

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The Placement Week

It’s the placement week. All the students are preparing for their best level to crack the interview and apts. I on the other hand, didn’t care about those things and I was just working on my projects and how to do them.

The real problem came when I had to register for the Tata Consultancy Services. The moment they asked me for the details I was ready, and I got them calculated. It was the time; we had to enter our details to enrol ourselves with the company. They started to say the details for verification, like marks and other things.

Alas! My tenth standard marks are wrong with them. I tried to explain as much as possible but they didn’t change. They needed the originals, and I went in search of them in my college office and they refused to give me. It was time for home and we all went off.

Days passed, Sundays and Mondays went off. Today is the last day, and I had to get registered. If not, I have to forget TCS. Now the problem was not only for me, but also a girl and a boy other than me. So we three of us had the same problem and couldn’t register with TCS. We went to the lab and tried out, but their server was down. Bad luck struck us again and again.

We went home and I accidentally opened the website. Wow! I got the site working, and I immediately called my placement officer and asked what to do and she asked me to register myself and ask the other two students to do too. I asked her for their phone number but she didn’t have.

So first I registered myself and called my friend, who took the call but didn’t get the page opened. I registered for that student and gave the number too. It was the first good thing I did to the students and finally, we too got registered. I cannot forget this day of my life anytime.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#
    January 2 – The most unforgettable day of my lyf!

I couldn’t forget this day in my life! Well. It all started like this. After seeing some stupid commercial in TV, which said that 2010 is not so good for my star, and with this pre-occupance of my mind, I started the day 1. It went like the way I expected but totally 180° out of phase. Even the calendar displayed I would be disappointed and I too believed that.

The day two of this year was truly my day. It started with many disappoints as I couldn’t register for the TCS as their server was down. If it was for only me, it wouldn’t be the case. It was also for my close friend who couldn’t appear on that day as the 10th marks were not correct. The same case as mine. We both with another fellow tried to register for TCS but couldn’t.

All of us went home, thinking that it would be really hard to get into TCS and woah! The mystery happened then…

The Day of my Placement

Finally the day came. It’s today, the day of the TCS Placement. I didn’t have a full slack to wear. I got wishes from all the places to do well. I went to the college preparing for the apts and we went and sat in the Audi.

The first thing was the pre-placement talk for an hour and after that we had our online exam batch by batch. Ours was the last but one batch and we had the only chance to go in the last but one batch before lunch.

We went to the computer lab and the moment I started giving my answers in the second part, the images were not displaying. The employee from TCS asked me to close it, and I immediately did it. He came to me with a hard copy of the question and asked me to solve.

I had a great confidence that I did the whole set well. But the moment they asked me to close the window, I was shocked. Then after solving in the paper, I started the online exam and to my surprise it was displaying the same question with the same time.

I answered two out of three questions and it switched to the next section, critical reasoning. The critical reasoning this time was very easy and out of three, I attended two set of questions correctly and I was worried with the third and the verbal. I came with the confidence out and had my lunch.

I came out of our mess to hear that the Anna University seventh semester results are out and I was eager to check them out. I couldn’t get my number and I had to go and be in the Audi so I went there. I asked for permission from the staff there and I went to the main block of our college and checked my marks with MS sir.

Wow! I got everything cleared and it was 75¼% for me and I was shocked to see that I have cleared my management paper and I was shouting there for sometime until I realised that I need to attend the placement thing.

A sad thing to note was that many students, who are top rankers got either one or two arrear. I rushed to the Audi and we all were waiting for the results. It was about 7 until then I was roaming here and there and the results came at 7.

The people from TCS and our Placement Coordinators jointly announced the numbers of the students, who have got selected. I was really hoping for me and my friend and god is great. We both have got selected. It was about 8; we started home and reached by 9. I went and slept off by 10 for preparation of the next day’s work.

The Interview & The 5 Second Gap

The Interview

This happened on the second day of the placement. The 7th of January, I could never forget. I was waiting in the Audi and the hall for about the whole day. The people from TCS started calling out our names and we all went to the library and were seated according to the numbers and since I registered for my friend immediately after my registration, my friend got the next number to me and was sitting next to me.

To really say about, my friend was really caring about how am I and what I am doing and the moment I was called in for the interview, they called one student, which was said by my friend not to get up, but the guy at the back asked me to get up. So there was a get up sit down test for me for about a minute and I got totally tensed.

My friend wished me all the best and I too wished back and went into the interview panel. The lady who called me asked if I am tensed and I said I am cool and she said that’s how I have to be and sent me to the table there. I was interviewed for my technical skills. This is the second phase in TCS and I was so confident I would clear the technical.

He started by asking me the generic question, “Say about yourself”. God, I didn’t have any clue how I would be answering in that tensed posture. Somehow I was saying about my name, the place I come from, the family I come from, the schooling I did, the hobbies I have, the projects I did, and stopped.

He asked me what is the project about, which I have given in the datasheet. I said that’s a “sappa” (meaning silly or simple) project and started saying about my #-Link-Snipped-#. The #-Link-Snipped-# proposal baffled the interviewer and another bottleneck position got me. He asked me why I am joining TCS. I had no idea what to answer and started the answer like this, “Sir, all my seniors, neighbours and others have joined TCS, so am I”. I know that I have given the stupidest answer ever.

I had to change it, so immediately I said, “This was my liking towards TCS from my eight standards!”, and finally made up the points like GDNM and others. He asked me if I own a bike, a car and a license. I said yes to all the questions and the moment he asked what car, I said, “Sir, it’s Maruthi, but that’s my dad’s car. If I would get a car, I will be getting ‘Tata what car’, ‘Tata Indica’ or at least ‘Tata Nano’. Yes sir, I will be getting ‘Tata Nano’, on my first pay and give you a drive for sure.” This is the way I answered him and he laughed.

He had a heavy headache, interviewing the other people too so I asked him to take care of his health and spoke somewhat personal. Final bottleneck for me was that he asked me why was my marks so less. I had no answer except I had to say about my mom and her health condition with two major operations and he agreed.

Finally while I was going, he was saying me better luck and I was continuously saying take care and I came out. The disaster was that the students who have completed tech before and after me have got into HR but not me. Then our placement officer came and asked all of us to get out and have our dinner. I thought I have to prepare for my next company Infosys and I had my dinner and went to the library.

To my surprise I wasn’t rejected. The tech, who interviewed me came to me and said he had given me a stress interview and I was cool the whole time. If only he had come out to see my condition, he would have surely rejected me. I was called in to the HR and I was the third student to go and I went in. I overheard students saying that the HR round contains questions like, what’s your favourite music and all stuffs.

Expecting them I went in and found two HRs were in the panel, they asked me the first question, the same generic question, “Say about yourself”. I thought that they had asked the question there and wouldn’t ask here, but no way I answered the question and the first HR question they asked was, “What did you lately searched Google for?” Since I wanted the HR to be technical, I answered something on speech recognition and went deep into it.

After a few minutes, I found both the HRs to be staring at me. I asked excuse to which one of them asked me to please wait. I decided I would be selected in this phase and they asked me if there are any questions for them. I asked a question and they asked me to leave and I went out with the confidence.

A few students had to leave their place due to missing of their datasheets by TCS themselves and they had nothing to do against it. One was my close friend and others from other departments.

It was 1 in the morning, after the speech of the TCS HR, he said, “Congratulations to those who have got selected. This is the toughest online and interview tests ever held by TCS. Those who have cleared, congrats and those who haven’t, they have cleared the toughest test at least.”

The placement coordinators started reading out our names and my heart was pumping like anything. I was expecting mine and my friend’s placement to be confirmed as my friend comes next to me and last of the batch.

The 5 Second Pause

The moment, he said my name, he paused. At that moment, I was like my life was in a doom; out of focus and stuffs came to me. Then after the 5 seconds pause, he said my friend’s name. I can never forget this and finally, it was great, we both have got placed in the same company as expected. By 1’o clock we started and reached home by 2’o clock.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Awesome read! 😀
    The_Big_K
    Awesome read! 😀
    He he... Thanx.. 😉
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Re: The Interview & The 5 Second Gap

praveenscience
    The Interview

The placement coordinators started reading out our names and my heart was pumping like anything. I was expecting mine and my friend’s placement to be confirmed as my friend comes next to me and last of the batch.

The 5 Second Pause

The moment, he said my name, he paused. At that moment, I was like my life was in a doom; out of focus and stuffs came to me. Then after the 5 seconds pause, he said my friend’s name. I can never forget this and finally, it was great, we both have got placed in the same company as expected. By 1’o clock we started and reached home by 2’o clock.

Incredible! Congratulations to both of you! 😀
    @Praveen: Is your friend mentioned here, on CE? If no, bring him here too.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Nice read!Bring her to CE 😀
  • chetan mehra
    chetan mehra
    congratulations dude.....
    Re: The Interview & The 5 Second Gap

AbraKaDabra
    Incredible! Congratulations to both of you! 😀
    @Praveen: Is your friend mentioned here, on CE? If no, bring him here too.
    Its a her... We have a lot of quarrels and she doesn't like technology at all... 😔
    The funny part is she doesn't use internet. Actually, she doesn't know how to use it... he he... 😛
    praveena211
    Nice read!Bring her to CE 😀
    Chanceless as of current situation... You know the reason anywayz... 😔

chetan mehra
    congratulations dude.....
    Hey thanx man!!! 😛
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    @praveen: Soon you will be able to right your Autobiagraphy 😛

Nice Read 😀
    cooldudeiet

Nice Read 😀
    He he.. Thanx... 😛 I already have one... Have to modify like hell, or else I will be in trouble if I released the same way it is... 😉
    cooldudeiet

Nice Read 😀
    Found this, which I wrote and can be shared... Where to post??? I meant, which forum...
    How I Met Her - The Story of My Love!
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    Post it in chit chat section. Go ahead!
    It was nice to read your experience!
    Varsha0802
    Post it in chit chat section. Go ahead!
    It was nice to read your experience!
    He he thanx... 😀
    Its done... 😀
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Too good Praveen. You have described your experience in a very interesting manner. Great job mate.😁
    And congratulations to both of you.👍
    Deepika Bansal
    Too good Praveen. You have described your experience in a very interesting manner. Great job mate.😁
    And congratulations to both of you.👍
    Hey thanx... 😀
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    nice experience...almost filmy...you got registered at last second
    yadavundertaker
    nice experience...almost filmy...you got registered at last second
    Yup... It was like a climax!!! 😀 A close shave!!! 😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How to caculate the quantity of fresh charge that escapes along with exhaust gas in a two stroke petrol engine??
I chose wireless power transmission for my final year project title but i can't say i have enough knowledge about antennas therefore i need help from all crazy engineers who...
straightaway run it on your turboc The Vedic Mathematics way : by using the Sutra ekadhiken Purvena which means "by one more than the previous one" and can be used...
How to get Ip Address of the all the clients in a network.. please help me any one.......
Say i have 4 tables each table have two common attribute say name of city and population I want to retrieve name of city with minimum population can you find...