'My Friend Has Been Hacked' - Hotmail's New Feature

If you are using Hotmail, you can find the ''My Friend Has Been Hacked' feature in the “Mark as” menu.

It can be used by users to report compromised accounts directly to Hotmail.

Once you lodge a report using that feature, Hotmail takes that report and combines it with the other information from the compromise detection engine to determine if the account in question has in fact been hijacked.

It turns out that the report that comes from you can be one of the strongest “signals” to the detection engine, since you may be the first to notice the compromise. 👍

Any hotmail users here?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I also read that it has blocked the use of common/predictable passwords.

This means that anyone creating a new Hotmail account or changing the password of an existing account won't be able to use obvious and common passwords like "123456" or "password."

The system will also block common phrases, like "ilovedogs."
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Wow, that's new. I'm a hotmail user.😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Labour has banned women from construction jobs and many areas of metal manufacture in a newly published statement that aims to clarify its gender expectations. Adel...
Understand the basics of Vapors Power Cycle. Lecture Series on Basic Thermodynamics by Prof.S.K. Som, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask questions, doubts and contribute your...
Hey guys, I don't know whether this is an appropriate question to be posted on this website but I could think of no other site for this query. I hope...
Gas Power Cycle-I explained in simple words. Lecture Series on Basic Thermodynamics by Prof.S.K. Som, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask questions, doubts and contribute your...
This video lecture on Thermodynamics of Reacting System : Series on Basic Thermodynamics by Prof.S.K. Som, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask questions, doubts and contribute...