My Final year B.Tech. Project - An overview

Title : Design and Fabrication of Reactor for Production of Nano-powders by Combustion Synthesis Process

Abstract

The continuing evolution of the materials world and the associated materials technologies is accelerating rapidly with each new technological development supplying more data to the knowledge bank. As new materials and even newer technologies are developed; methods of handling, forming and finishing are required to be devised to maintain pace with this rapid rate of development.

Among the various ceramic processing techniques, the powder metallurgy route offers the advantages of homogenous product having a high degree of sinterability. It is well established that reactor properties of the final product depend significantly on initial powder characteristics and therefore the importance of this technology for synthesis of tailor made powder has increased. Combustion synthesis technique of powder production has been used worldwide to synthesize powders with required properties. Since the process is relatively a new one, it hasnĆ¢€™t been scaled up for mass production for the want of a suitable reactor which can fulfil the design and material constraints needed for efficient and high yield manufacturing. Hence, this study includes design and fabrication of combustion reactor enabling mass scale production of single phase ultra fine powders Ć¢€“ which have tremendous applications in the fields of High temperature superconductors, gas sensors and fuel cells.

Combustion Synthesis Reactor - General Specifications
)

1. Reaction chamber and covering Head - Stainless Steel (304 L) - Weight = 12 Kg (9.5 + 2.5)
  2. Tilting and Reactor lifting Assembly - Mild Steel (IS 2062) - Weight = 9.6 Kg
  3. Heating Element - Kanthal - Power Rating: 1.75 KW, Current Rating: 6 Amps
  4. Temperature Sensor - Cr-Al Alloy - Sensitivity = 41 ƂĀµV/OC
  5. Solid State Relay - Current Rating: 16 Amps
  6. Insulation Material - Ceramic Wool
  7. Useful Reactor volume for synthesis: 7.5 liters
  8. Floor Space area of Reactor Assembly: 800 cm2 (124 inches2)

Diagrams and Figures and Photos and Images and Stuff šŸ˜Ž

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Hope, someone on CE finds this information useful.

For more details, just post in this thread or PM me...

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    It will be useful to many. Thanks for sharing
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hey Suyash, this is really cool. Thanks for sharing!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Nice! Hope others can contribute too šŸ˜€
  • suyash
    suyash
    I just posted this, because on careful observation, the description of the parent forum for this thread read :

Discuss your engineering projects, seminar topics in this section.

Since the time I have been on CE, mostly all I'm seeing here is would-be-engineers asking for project ideas and seminars !!
    Glad that some people think this might be useful šŸ˜Ž
  • arti_mishra
    arti_mishra
    plz suggest me some good VB.NET final year project
  • sonasathish
    sonasathish
    suyash
    I just posted this, because on careful observation, the description of the parent forum for this thread read :

Discuss your engineering projects, seminar topics in this section.

Since the time I have been on CE, mostly all I'm seeing here is would-be-engineers asking for project ideas and seminars !!
    Glad that some people think this might be useful šŸ˜Ž
    Hey man i am doing my final year! I am in search of a good project! Can u suggest me one! Also can i have the detailed description of ur project!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Could you tell some components that can be used to switch the 3v bulbs, which are connected in 230V, 50Hz, AC supply, the logic output is coming from the ICs...
Wishing many happy returns of the day to NiLaY - the mighty creator of CE-Firefox seach plugin šŸ˜šŸ˜ Rock on in Bangaluru and have a great time! šŸ˜
I'm using the PIC 16-series to program something. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can ignore a certain input... E.g. i want to turn off the 5th bit...
friends, do you know about parallax and bs(bs2p) adding pbasic lang?
For those who don't have to do anything better - Use four 0's (zeros) and any mathematical operators to get 24. Those who are smart, don't spoil the fun soon....