Mxit App Now In India - South Africa's Mobile Social Network To Compete Facebook & Whatsapp

South Africa's popular social networking app 'Mxit' has been launched in India today. In association with India's World Cup winning coach - Gary Kristen, the Mxit team has revealed the availability of the instant messaging app Mxit for the Indian audience. Developed for the Java, Nokia, iOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows phone operating systems, the latest update on Mxit app features facility to conduct group chats with friends. Users can chat and share photos with up to 50 friends at the same time. An interesting feature is the ability to set a Backdrop for the Chat window from your photo gallery is available exclusively on the Mxit app for Android. The new, redesigned profiles with cover images (similar to Facebook) are now an integral part of the app. Users can sign up to the Mxit app and create multiple profiles and switch between them easily with fast account switching feature.

Mxit app is currently available for download across more than 8,000 different feature phones, smartphones and tablets. Speaking at the launch, Sam Rufus Nallaraj, CEO of Mxit India Pvt. Ltd. shared his views on the app's market in India. He believes that Mxit app has the potential to attract the low end handset users and thereby replace the audience's reliance on SMS on feature phones with a cheaper, more engaging chat alternative. Another attractive feature of the app is its customized version for each user as per their region. Currently available in English and Hindi, the team is working towards offering 10 Indian languages (Bengali, Telugu, Marathi, Tamil, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, Assamese and Oriya) within six months. Take a look at some of the app's screenshots -

MXIT-App-Android

Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 2.34.39 pm Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 2.34.29 pm Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 2.34.20 pm Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 2.34.12 pm Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 2.34.03 pm

With an expected reach of more than 500 million users in India, the Mxit team is looking forward to a tremendous growth and a tough competition from its contemporaries such as Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, WeChat etc. The app can also leverage the power of the cloud to give some smartphone like features for its users. In fact, users can do a lot more than just interacting with friends using Mxit. Its powerful ecosystem lets users access everything from official PSL club sites to poetry clubs. Mxit apps let you engage with communities who share your interests. Users can get access to sport, news, weather, entertainment, advice, education and learning tools

The app can be download on popular apps stores, or directly from mixt.com/in or by texting MXIT to 57333. How do you like the features of Mxit app? Share your thoughts with us in comments below.

Replies

• Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    Interesting app .....Gotta try now....
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    And when Whatsapp came, no one thought it will be a topics of daily discussions. 👀
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Just tried this social networking app. It's quite smooth & works amazing.However, there is nothing 'new' in this app, so it is unlikely that whatsapp users will move to mxit. If they would've added features like G+ or FB alongwith it then this app might've made an impact. The profile menu is inspired from G+ app.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I will never understand why these apps require to access phone number. When I opened the app for first time, it auto detected my location & phone number, which scared the shit outta me. So, I just deleted account from option given in settings.But I doubt whether they really remove account or not.
    I am still looking for chat application which doesn't access your number nor stores chat in their servers. Closed source chat applications are major threat now-a-days.

Please check terms & permissions before installing any app. I would suggest you to use opensource apps from 'F-droid' (alternative to playstore) rather than these closed source identity stealing apps.
  • vinikatyal1
    vinikatyal1
    @#-Link-Snipped-# i am from Mxit India and we don't steal anyone's personal data. The phone number is required to validate your identity. Hope that helps. and we also have apps on Mxit which other chat platforms don't offer.
  • vinikatyal1
    vinikatyal1
    Ankita Katdare
    And when Whatsapp came, no one thought it will be a topics of daily discussions. 👀
    Thanks for writing on us 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Good to have you here with us. Could you tell us more about the unique apps on Mxit? Please enlighten the members of the community.
  • vinikatyal1
    vinikatyal1
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Good to have you here with us. Could you tell us more about the unue apps on Mxit? Please enlighten the members of the community.
    Hey Ankita, Mxit is a Chat app primarily but has apps inside the platform as well you can play chess, we have gary kirsten app etc. Mxit on iphone and Android has features like Backdrop and Doodle which other char apps don't have 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hiiiii everyone my slf Mohammed rumaan m pursuing under graduate in Electrical&Electronics engineering 2nd year actually i hav cme in search of some thing else Bt i hav deviated to...
Paper app from Facebook will go live on the Apple iTunes App Store for iPhones in the US from February 3, the eve of Facebook’s 10th anniversary. So with a...
Japanese Electronics Company Sony plans to revise its product and manufacturing strategy for the popular Vaio PC series, as the PC business for the company is falling down while the...
Aiming at unlocking the mysteries of the universe, researchers from University of Bristol have used computer simulations to study the circumbinary planets. To understand the theory behind this, we need...
Ubuntu is planning to develop its own file manager which will be introduced with their QT5 powered Unity8 desktop environment from Ubuntu 14.10 onwards. Ubuntu is currently using Nautilus File...