Mumbai rocks as 5 CEans beat the heat to enjoy the meet.

๐Ÿ˜
Taking a cue from Biggie's hourly update, here is my narration of the CE meet.

About 2:30pm, CEan Mayur Pathak climbs a fast local to Churchgate. He is going to be a part of the Tata Crucible Business Quiz Contest. The competition is at 3:30 and he is worried how is he going to make it by 5 to Shivaji Park, Dadar for the CE meet. Tense yet composed, he manages to occupy a seat.

3:10pm, CEan The Big K receives a call from the editor in chief. Biggie tells Mayur that the Volvo bus has just left Pune and they will take time to reach. Both are worried what if meet gets delayed.

5:07pm, CEan Saurav Goswami calls Mayur asking about his where abouts. Mayur has just landed in Dadar and thinks he should walk to the venue. It turns out to be a wrong decision. Walk is long and the weather hot and humid.

5:30pm, Saurav and Mayur meet. They exchange greetings and wonder if any one had reached or went back because of the delay. Discussion starts casually about whats hot on CE and moves to planing of new initiatives. Meanwhile Biggie calls and tells they have just arrived in Dadar and will be reaching the venue soon.

5:55pm, While Mayur and Saurav and chatting and admiring lot of beautiful girls around, they spot Biggie and Anuragh in a taxi. People wave at each other and decide to settle at a table just outside. After introductions, Biggie opens up his stylish Dell laptop and breaks the news that only 5 more to go for 21000 CEans. Few minutes later CEan KGV walks in.

6:05pm, Discussion starts-
  1. Biggie points out that the growth rate in the memberships is phenomenal however there is a dearth of quality content. Every one comes up with various ideas.
  2. Every one is also given briefing about CE Bot and CE IM project progress.
  3. Mayur points out that the CE evangelist idea is still lying on the drawing board and need to be seriously looked at. KGV offers to appoint an Evangelist for his college NITIE.
  4. Mean while every one decide to order coffee and find out that most of the flavors on the menu card are not available. Every one settle for a choco frappe and Saurav orders Devil's own.
  5. Saurav points out that there are lot of people on CE that are looking for jobs and we can help companies like Infy, TCS to recruit through CE. In short we discuss to innovate the concept of pre hiring employee screening. We ponder whether we can conduct online tests on behalf of companies and help CEans qualify.
  6. Mayur and Biggie point out that lot of people keep asking for the help in preparing project reports. Since we have lot of experienced engineers on CE, we can create a documentation section where we can keep such notes handy for download. To ensure quality content being posted, we discuss if we should keep the downloads paid.
  7. Meanwhile Biggie breaks the news that we have crossed 21000 members.
  8. KGV shares his experiences about starting his new venture.
  9. Biggie offers to give all the CEans to write their blogs hosted on crazyengineeers (meaning you will have a blog https://.crazyengineers.com ... wow our own CE blogs). Every one says Aye!
7:30pm, coffees drank, bills paid, doable things and core issues summarily discussed, CEans decide to retreat.

Some take aways-
We need volunteers to be CE Evangelist.
We need to prepare documentation on core topics so that people can make use of it by downloading. This is an appeal for all learned men/women.
Need CE blog? just write to us.
CE Bot and CE IM, guys its time for real action.

PS: Biggie can you add missed points?

Replies

• prabakarnaidu
    prabakarnaidu
    Wow thats a nice one.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    An update about CE Blogs -

The blog, if we implement it, will be a part of the profile. We wont' be able to provide .crazyengineers.com.

We also discussed the possibility of introducing public profile messaging system [similar to Orkut scraps].

There was an excellent suggestion from anurag2crony about having our skills and work experience details in our profiles.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    [Adding more]

We discussed about the possibility of having our meets sponsored. We need a bigger headcount to have the sponsored meets. In future, we plan to have meets with guest talks, activities, presentations etc. I'll write a separate post describing the same.
  • anuragh27crony
    anuragh27crony
    @Mayur
    That's cool description of #-Link-Snipped-##-Link-Snipped-#...
  • Differential
    Differential
    wow ! Great discussions !
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Ah yes, we discussed about the comment system addition to the public profile and also about adding your skill sets to your profile. Its a great suggestion as CE has got an excellent SEO. You never know when a recruiter will stumble upon your CE profile, check all your technical discussions and offer you that big dream job.

Regarding sponsoring CE meets, I had written to CCD about sponsoring the food and beverage prior to organizing the meet. However those buggers didn't even care to reply.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mayur,

As we discussed, I'll be in touch with the company board members,I mentioned during the meat. All we need is active participation from at least 30-40 CEans from Pune (India).
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    Mayur,

As we discussed, I'll be in touch with the company board members,I mentioned during the meat. All we need is active participation from at least 30-40 CEans from Pune (India).
    This looks a big ask considering the seriousness of an average CEan wanting to contribute.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, that's true. But I'm positive if we come up with something exciting, CEans will join in.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Good to know the meet went well ๐Ÿ˜€

As for the CE Bot, I'm doing wireless testing at the moment. Xheavenlyx is compiling a sensor report as well. I'll be receiving additional stuff from Patty soon.

The project seems to be moving slow, but once the documentation are out of the way, the fun will start ๐Ÿ˜‰

With reference to CE:IM, im not sure about that. The project needs another adrenaline injection! I'd honestly spend some time on it, but I'm super swamped with university projects, and quite lucky that I'm managing to fit CE Bot in the schedule!

Also, what say about the wiki thingy I e-mailed? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'll go through it and reply asap. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    ash
    Also, what say about the wiki thingy I e-mailed? ๐Ÿ˜€
    Hey just got Biggie's mail on it. But sorry Ash I couldn't reply. Can you initiate a thread dedicated to that discussion? Lets keep it out of Mumbai Meet thread.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well,i will be there if its happen in pune.....guys u can count on me....plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz no meetings in CCD,it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep! Lesson learnt! ๐Ÿ˜‰

We SHOULD make our meetings filled with activities and fun. However, our CEans wanting to meet in their cities, can go ahead!
  • anuragh27crony
    anuragh27crony
    Yeah...as Sourav suggeted that CE Meets can be held at their respective city.... but needs a active coordinator...:smile:

Common CE'ans Wake-Up and Be Active on Forum

PS: There are lot of suprises CE is going to offer for an Active CE'an ..for any queries contact Big_K ๐Ÿ˜
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    anuragh27crony
    PS: There are lot of suprises CE is going to offer for an Active CE'an ..for any queries contact Big_K ๐Ÿ˜
    ๐Ÿ˜•
    Wondering what the big k is going to offer. Desperately waiting!
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    lets guess,,,,,
    I say biggie will distribute freebies after each 150 postings...
    wat u say guys!!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Don't go on my looks guys. I look like a $R$I$C$H$ guy, but in fact, I'm a very poor fella.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    no pics this time?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜” , Mayur - pics? The one I got in my phone are all low-resolution ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    OK so we have to wait for MAYURbhai
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    ๐Ÿ˜” , Mayur - pics? The one I got in my phone are all low-resolution ๐Ÿ˜”
    Ah sorry folks. Pictures coming up. I forget to bring the data cord daily. But I will do it today some how.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    C'mon biggie i know ur modest but dont underestimate urself!!!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Some great ideas being kicked around!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, yes. The idea is to create value for each CEan. Let's see how we go about it.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Well, yes. The idea is to create value for each CEan. Let's see how we go about it.
    Thats the Crazy Idea ๐Ÿ˜
  • anuragh27crony
    anuragh27crony
    mayurpathak
    Ah sorry folks. Pictures coming up. I forget to bring the data cord daily. But I will do it today some how.

Mayur...atleast make our faces visible in the pics..... ๐Ÿ˜”.. i hope they very bad due to bad light & low resolution....
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I will try my best to attend next meet
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    godfather
    hey we are on it,if u have attended the meet u wud have agreed,anyhow being a CEan it is expected to make impossible,possible...
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    godfather
    Well its possible,take active participation and wait n watch
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    sauravgoswami
    hey we are on it,if u have attended the meet u wud have agreed,anyhow being a CEan it is expected to make impossible,possible...

i was totally unable to come there because of rain and some other issues also..๐Ÿ˜”
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Well i cant comment on it,but try to attend such meets they are quite interactive and helpfull!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We will be changing the format & nature of our CE meets so that the meets are more than just couple of fellas discussing with each other.

We're going to need volunteers for the meets.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    tat will be more effective more the participation,the more the interest generated,why dont we conduct regional meets!! tat will help in generating interest within those regions and a annual meet can be arranged in a grand way

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am nice to be here...
๐Ÿ˜Hi all, I'm searching my final year project, can someone give me some advices, I study telecommunication and I like networking. Thanks all
hi.. i am in last yr..Diploma.. i have a project idea-Controlling PC via Cellphone.. The project i need to implement is simple where via Wi-fi/ bluetooth i can control my...
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Puzzle Source: Mind and Visual Puzzles and Activities that enhance critical, logical, and creative thinking skills, and keep your brain active! The large circle below circumscribes 2...
3sharetips . com invites you in the field of Small Value Stocks and High Returns. Our main goal is to give you high returns on your small investments. You will...