Mumbai Metro Power, Signaling & Communications Systems Talk

The Government Of Maharashtra, India has undertaken an ambitious project to solve the traffic problems faced by Mumbai; the financial capital of India. The Mumbai Metro project is interesting in many ways. This thread is dedicated to all things 'electrical' about the Mumbai Metro Rail project.

ABB group is in charge of the supply, testing & deployment of the power systems to Line 1 of the monorail; which extends from Varsova to Ghatkopar. The contract includes testing & commissioning of all the electrical equipments. ABB plans to use SCADA system for the first metro corridor. The Mumbai Metro will boast LZB 700M technology signaling system.

If you have the details of this projects, interesting insights; please share them in this discussion. 👍

Replies

• K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Read this in some article.

"Mumbai Metro will feature the latest signalling technology, including automatic train protection (ATP)."

Signalling and communications along the line

Mumbai Metro will feature the latest signalling technology, including automatic train protection (ATP) and automated signalling to control the high-volume of train movements on the 11.07km route.
    A four-minute interval service is anticipated on the route.
    Siemens will supply the signalling systems required for the project, while Thales will supply the required communication systems.
    The project is focusing on the development of an environmentally friendly system to become Asia's first Green Metro right from the construction stage.
    A detailed environmental impact assessment and feasibility study to certify the project for LEED have been undertaken.
    Even though work is progressing on the first line of the Mumbai Metro, ambitious plans are in place to establish the system into a nine-line network by 2021.
    Edit:
    The_Big_K
    This thread is dedicated to all things 'electrical' about the Mumbai Metro Rail project.
    I guess, I posted in a wrong thread

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys and girls, Will a certificate course in Microsoft Office or Primavera be of any help to me if i plan to continue in the core mechanical fields like...
Busan Tower construction is in full swing at Busan in South Korea. Also known as Busan Lotte World Tower, the 110 floor building is expected to be the world's 5th...
The New Transit Yurikamome (formerly called Tokyo Waterfront New Transit Waterfront Line) is an automated guideway transit, Tokyo's first fully automated transit system, sometimes mistaken as a monorail but the...
The latest update to the Google maps & latitude app has secretly introduced a new feature to the Latitude. It now displays a leaderboards for the points collected on check-ins;...
Hello CEan's 😀 , This thread is combined study group for those who are preparing to get CCNA Certification. We can share preparation plans, materials and clarify our doubts here....