Multi story parking under bridge !

hi , when i was sleeping one day , suddenly i got an thought of a under construction bridge when it was 1 am , and i daily used to see that bridge as it falls in the way of my college. And the thought was initiated from heavy traffic parking problems in that area, and i thought why not to build a system which can park the vehicles (LMV) in the empty space under the bridge. And when next day i go to college i observe the peak height of the bridge which was enough to shade three cars under one side of the bridge.
So i would like to know views about my this idea from all my fellow CEans.
I will wait for your reviews my friends , till then bye.....

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    hello jatin 😀

actually parking system is more complex than we think it to be. i realised it only when i was designing Multi level car park for my design project.😀

there are certain thingds to be kept in mind.
    1. the head clearence of each level of the MLCP. it has to be minimum of 2.8m.
    2. if we need a MLCP we have to make arrangements for the ramp or the manually operated hydraulic lift. in your case i think your talking about a lift only, because, it is not possible to have a ramp under bridge.
    3. in case of this manually operated hydraulic lift we have to give it heavy foundations which may affect the foundation of the bridge and weaken it.
    4. we need clearance area for the vehicle to come out and turn. but as you had mentioned there is a heavy traffic so there is a difficulty but it can be handled.
    5. and lastly we need the dimensions to be 2.5mx4m minimum.

so considering these i think it would be unsafe for the MLCP under the bridge. but a single level car parking can surly be placed under the bridge 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What can be the disadvantages of swapping in the operating system?
For each of the following four words, come up with another English word that uses all THE SAME letters but in a different order. The four words you come up...
21 September 2010 - Human care company Elekta has been shortlisted in the European Supply Chain Excellence Awards 2010 for its “Mission Control” initiative after achieving parts availability above 99...
Unveiling Paramount Group's new IED protected armoured vehicle Cape Town, South Africa - 21st September 2010: African defence companies are challenging the dominant Western suppliers such as BAE Systems and...
It's well known that Mr. Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple Inc. randomly responds to emails and does it in his own 'style'. Following is one recent email conversation -...