MTS Blaze 5.0 - The 5-inch Android Smartphone For Rs. 10,990 With 100 GB Free Data

Yep! You heard it right. Telecom Partner MTS has launched a new smartphone in India- Blaze 5.0 with an offer which gives 100,000 MB (97.65 GB) of free data for 1 year on a recharge of Rs.198 only. This phone comes with dual-SIM support (CDMA+GSM). With an 5-inch (854x480 pixels) IPS display, the MTS Blaze 5.0 runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly bean) OS and is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor under the hood.

With 1 GB RAM and 4 GB internal storage which is expandable up to 32 GB, the Blaze 5.0 has an 8-megapixel auto focus camera (with LED Flash) on the rear and a 0.3-megapixel VGA camera on the front. Having a 2500mAH battery, it is rated to offer up to 9.5 hours of talk time. This phone will be loaded with a few MTS applications such as MTS Playground- which lets users download and listen to songs and the MTS TV app which lets them stream more than 100 TV channels.

[​IMG]

With these features, Blaze 5.0 will be competing with the recently launched Karbonn Titanium S9 Lite, priced at Rs.8900, which runs on Android 4.2. This phone features a 5.5-inch display and is powered by a 1.3 GHz processor coupled with 512 MB RAM. It also has an internal storage of 4 GB which is expandable up to 32 GB and features 8-megapixel camera on the rear along with a 2-megapixel camera on the front.

MTS is planning to launch Blaze 5.0 in nine circles- Delhi, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerla, Tamil Nadu, UP West, West Bengal and Kolkata. It will come in white color and will be priced at Rs. 10,990.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• RVignesh
    RVignesh
    What is the speed available for this 100 GB data? I hope its not something like 120 kbps.
    Plus the other thing is higher the speed faster will we consume it. So if the internet speed is too high then i doubt it will last a year.
    One more thing which i strongly feel is that people will buy this phone not from the point of view of getting a new handset but from the advantageous position of acquiring data plan for a complete year at such low price.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Karbonn has found a big competitor in MTS it seems. If they tackle Lava (Xolo) and Micromax, they can emerge winners.
    Much like how Moto came and all Samsung Androids had to take the back seat.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I agree with the above comments.

MTS and BSNL are playing big game by releasing phones in lower-mid segment and giving freebies as free talk-time and free data. Meanwhile, this phone has decent specifications (still not comparable to MOTO E which is in 7000) and free data available worth more than 5000.

Not bad, if you are a needy for the huge amount of data.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With the emerging trend of wearable technology, companies like Samsung are continuously looking to iterate upon existing technology and improve them. Samsung’s recent patent shows that Samsung aims to develop...
Hello everyone. 😀 I need some help here. I've just completed 1st year(2nd sem) of mechanical engineering, and I was thinking about preparing for GATE. So, I want some suggestion...
Here is some news that might offer some respite for people with Type-1 diabetes. Boston University's researchers have 'bionic' pancreas that automatically regulate blood glucose level. People with type 1...
Worldwide obesity has nearly doubled since 1980. In 2008, more than 1.4 billion adults were found overweight. Of these, over 200 million men and nearly 300 million women were obese....
We are much familiarized with centralized virtual currency Bitcoins. It has been in news since it was first introduced and many people have presented their views on threat to invest...