MS in Software Engineering post work experience

Hi guys

Am interested in doing MS in Software Engineering in the US or UK. I am a software engineer with 4.5 years of experience with my under graduation in electrical electronics engineering.

1) Is it worth doing an MS in software engineering in US or UK? Would it be rewarding in terms of both career prospects and earnings?

2) I prefer UK as many of the top ones provide one-year curriculum. But I would like you to counter my preference with your opinions and suggestions too.

3) What are the entrance requirements (like GRE, etc) to apply to the universities?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    1. Yes, it's worth doing MS course. However, you'll have to study a bit on the types of jobs and salary typical MS grads get. From what I gather, UK is bit costlier than US.

2. Think about the job prospects first - as it seems to be your top priority. MS from US is more popular because of greater job opportunities.

3. You'd typically require GRE and TOEFL score.
  • nithinoncrazyeng
    nithinoncrazyeng
    Thanks mate. I have a mediocre aggregate of 78% in my UG. Does it matter? Plus should I get recommendation letters from my university or is it enough if I get it from my workplace?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    nithinoncrazyeng
    Thanks mate. I have a mediocre aggregate of 78% in my UG. Does it matter? Plus should I get recommendation letters from my university or is it enough if I get it from my workplace?
    I don't think it should matter. You have good 4.5 years of experience which shadows UG performance. You'll have to prepare a strong SOP so that the admission authorities won't find a chance to deny admission. Typically, good GRE score ensures admission in nice college. I'd recommend doing lot of research on the stream you may choose for your PG studies. Also come up with a list of at least 5-8 colleges where you think you can secure admission. Focus on getting a great GRE score and stop worrying about the things you can't change 😀 .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just want to know how to play audio and video files on red hat 5.4? I have downloaded Mplayer and I don't know how to install it as it...
I want to know how to decide how much height require for central storage tank..... Following points may helpful.... Tank wants to construct for a township project. In township total...
Helo guys, i recent got a scholarship to study any computer program of my choice but the thing is that i dont know the certification that will be helpful in...
I am doing a project on the gas cleaning system. We are using the Dolomite powder for the cleaning the gas. I have some issues about the dolomite powder which...
Embrace failure to make success embrace you. Great Leadership: Has Success Eluded You Because You Eluded Failure?