MS in Automobile Engineering from Germany - Selection of Colleges

I want to pursue my master degree in automobile from germany.
please help me with collage selections.
other than automobile, is there any better field to do master in from gremany?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhiraj10
    I want to pursue my master degree in automobile from germany.
    please help me with collage selections.
    other than automobile, is there any better field to do master in from gremany?
    Welcome to CrazyEngineers. Have you short-listed any Universities on your own? I think the choice would totally depend on your scores (I guess they need GRE score?), course you want to opt for, your past experience, expectations etc.
  • Abhiraj10
    Abhiraj10
    yeah i found 3 collage till now having English as a medium of teaching.
    1) FH AACHEN - UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES
    2) RWTH AACHEN UNIVERSITY
    3) HOCHSCHULE ESSLINGEN UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCE

i cant find any more collage. if u can help me with more.
    do i look in any other country also?
    do i look different course?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The three universities you have listed are the top ones in Germany for MS in Automobile Engineering. Since you are from mechanical engineering, the best courses for you in MS are in the field of either automobiles or aeronautics (in the broad sense). You can choose a specialization of course. Specializations can include topics such as Materials engineering, Engineering mechanics, Mechatronics etc.
  • Abhiraj10
    Abhiraj10
    thank you mam.
    is there any more collage or do i have to stick with these 3 only?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    If you prefer English, I think those three are good enough.
    You can check Ingolstadt too. I guess they offer English course for automobile engineering
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here is a list I found -

1. Automotive and Combustion Engine Technology (Master of Science) - Munich University of Technology (Garching)

2. Automotive and Engine Technology (Master of Science) - University of Stuttgart (Stuttgart)

3. Automotive Components Engineering and Mechatronics (Master) - University of Bayreuth (Bayreuth)

4. Automotive Engineering (Master) - West Saxon University of Applied Sciences of Zwickau (Zwickau)

5. Automotive Engineering (Master) - Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (Hamburg)

6. Automotive engineering (Master) - Berlin School of Applied Sciences (HTW) (Berlin)

7. Automotive Engineering (Master of Science) - University of Siegen (Siegen)

8. Automotive Systems (Master) - Berlin University of Technology (Berlin)
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    #-Link-Snipped-# while I appreciate your efforts in finding him a list of universities, I would strongly advise against it. He plans to do an extremely effort-intensive course. If he is not able to invest his time in finding universities, then it must become our responsibility to make him find his own way. Finding universities is a lengthy procedure, and must I say, with all the bad universities that you find, you learn a lot of good from that experience. The process will only make him wiser.

#-Link-Snipped-# , no disrespect to your ambition, but you need to answer yourself (and us) these questions.
    1) What is your interest?
    2) Which year are you in currently?
    3) Why do you want to do a MS?
  • Abhiraj10
    Abhiraj10
    #-Link-Snipped-# I appreciate you for finding me list of universities.
    Thanks a lot
  • Abhiraj10
    Abhiraj10
    #-Link-Snipped-# thanks pal but I seriously am making effort to know each and everything about as many collage as I can and yeah I experienced a lot.
    This post was not to know about collage,course and everything from baseline but it was to know wheather m I missing something or to know about my choice(wheather it is correct?) and also if any student who might actually had old experience could help.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Have you used Edulix? It is a forum for students who want to pursue Masters abroad. It allows you to:

1) Get in touch with seniors from a lot of universities from a lot of countries.
    2) Allows you to participate in discussion forums for various universities, where students like you and seniors discuss various aspects.
    3) Allows you to look at profiles (academic and extra-curricular) of students and the admits they got.
    4) Allows you to take the help of seniors in deciding upon your choice of university once you have finalized on a starting set yourselves.

* I get NOTHING out of promoting Edulix. I shared this only because it is a forum (particularly of Indian students) who are in the same boat. I shared this information because I have been helped immensely while I was applying for my MS and am sure would help #-Link-Snipped-# too. Besides, it is free. Do NOT pay any consultant in India for university selection. They dupe you and make you apply to really 3rd grade universities, just so they can boast of a higher percentage of students sent abroad.

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# I hope this is not a problem.

#-Link-Snipped-# you are welcome to ask any further queries (after you answer the three questions) and we will be more than happy to help you here. Make the most of internet, you can find an excellent career choice by using it right. You already saw how the moderators on this forum are willing to go above and beyond their call of duty to help you. Welcome to CE.
  • Abhiraj10
    Abhiraj10
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    My interest is to keep on learning. I want to learn new things more practically.
    I graduated last year and preparing for different examinations.
    Actually I was unaware of the fact till couple of days back that MS in Germany isn't much expensive.
    I never want to do m.tech because it focus on theory rather than practical.
    But story with MS is different as per my knowledge which leads me to pursue my interest through MS.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    See, M.Tech from an IIT is good, though the B.Tech program at the IITs is way better than their M.Tech (This is what I heard).

MS in Germany is not as expensive as the USA, but on the downside, it helps a lot if you know German. Although the course you will apply to is taught is English, after you graduate, German will become necessary for you, on some level. On the upside, Germany is the Holy Grail of Mechanical Engineering, especially Automotive/Aeronautical/Aerospace. I myself work in a German automotive company, so I know how much of a stronghold Germany has in the sector.

The USA, on the other hand has a lot of variety when it comes to industry. Now this, I am speaking from personal experience: The USA MS programs are some of the best in the world and the general mindset about education and research is delightful. It is pure joy studying here. I did not want to graduate (and get to a routine job). I wanted to stay in the university, it was a place of unlimited opportunities! Imagine being surrounded by experts in any field of engineering and having the opportunity to study whatever you like and the infrastructure to do research in whatever you love! In short, learning is pure joy here, IF you enjoy learning. If you only want to work and earn in $$ or Euros, well a lot of people come here for that too and accomplish the same.

The point is, just like you, I never evaluated Germany as an option and focused completely on USA applications, only to realize a bit later that Germany could have been a cheaper and as good option. But you do not need to repeat the same mistakes!

I would suggest research on some good universities both in Germany and USA. Also Look at Lund University (Sweden) and TU Delft (Netherlands), these are great universities for Mechanical. That is about as much help I am providing in university short-listing, because these universities are never researched about since they are outside of Germany/USA. Excellent choices nonetheless.
  • Abhiraj10
    Abhiraj10
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thank you soo much for such a detailed knowledge.
    i dont have any job experience nor any internship in automobile company.
    do these thing going to affect admission in any good universities?
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Work experience helps, but a lot of students come as freshers. That is not a restricting factor at all. Which field in ME do you want to pursue MS in?
  • Abhiraj10
    Abhiraj10
    I am stuck between MS in automobile and MS in production/manufacturing.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Very broad fields. Try coming to a conclusion first. After that you can begin researching universities.
  • Abhiraj10
    Abhiraj10
    MS in automobile.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    It cannot take just 12 minutes to come to a conclusion as big as that. You are talking about the rest of your life/career. Take some more time, research about both the fields, use the internet, then make a wise decision. Don't be in a hurry, we are all here, on CE. Nobody is going anywhere.
  • Abhiraj10
    Abhiraj10
    thank you sir..
    will do some research and be back here.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    No Sir, please. I am old, but not as much as you think 😁
  • Abhiraj10
    Abhiraj10
    yeah but still u r in other sense.. 😁
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Make sure you use resources to the fullest extent. Use Edulix, visit universities' websites that are good in automobiles/production and look in their research section (look at individual professors' pages for their research) and then make comparative notes. Ask here on CE if you need any help or get stuck somewhere.
  • Abhiraj10
    Abhiraj10
    surely i will. and will be in contact with CE.
    thank you. 😀
  • saifuddin_180493
    saifuddin_180493
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    WHich university did you finally join?
  • saifuddin_180493
    saifuddin_180493
    Which university did you finally join?
  • Amit Kumar
    Amit Kumar
    #-Link-Snipped-# : First of all thanks , I find it useful information in above comments.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If anyone could please help me on knowing about chemnitz university (Masters in Automotive software engineering) . If the university/course is good and how easy/difficult is to get into this university.
    Here are few things about me:
    1. Exp : around 6 yrs in automotive R&D.
    2. bachelor's score : 73.5%.
    3. XII and X : 73% and 74% respectively.

thanks,
    Amit
  • saifuddin_180493
    saifuddin_180493
    Amit.parashar07
    #-Link-Snipped-# : First of all thanks , I find it useful information in above comments.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If anyone could please help me on knowing about chemnitz university (Masters in Automotive software engineering) . If the university/course is good and how easy/difficult is to get into this university.
    Here are few things about me:
    1. Exp : around 6 yrs in automotive R&D.
    2. bachelor's score : 73.5%.
    3. XII and X : 73% and 74% respectively.

thanks,
    Amit
    Hello Amit
    I am also planning for Masters in Automotive Systems. Lets be in touch so that, information can be shared.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ISHJ
    ISHJ
    hello sir i have completed my BE this year only from automobile engineering and i want to do MS in germany . i have dream alot to be my sign on an engine therefore tell me about the directions which universities, which courses should be beneficial for me. My overall percentage is 64.55% or how do i get there .
  • N.K.V
    N.K.V
    hii, i need some help. I have done BTech. In Mechanical engineering with 74% this year and want to do MS in germany. But fist question comming in my mind is wether go for Germany or USA. Germany is much better option or USA for me on job basis.
  • N.K.V
    N.K.V
    plss help me. I am not able to get sufficent knowledge about the top applied science colleges for doin MS in Mechanical Engineering.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    N.K.V
    hii, i need some help. I have done BTech. In Mechanical engineering with 74% this year and want to do MS in germany. But fist question comming in my mind is wether go for Germany or USA. Germany is much better option or USA for me on job basis.
    #-Link-Snipped-# Could you please answer this query?
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    #-Link-Snipped-# Hi Amit! I might be able to connect you with someone from TU Chemnitz. That should answer your query.
    #-Link-Snipped-#Can you send me more details about you ? MentorBuddy would love to assist you.#-Link-Snipped-#

• Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    ISHJ
    hello sir i have completed my BE this year only from automobile engineering and i want to do MS in germany . i have dream alot to be my sign on an engine therefore tell me about the directions which universities, which courses should be beneficial for me. My overall percentage is 64.55% or how do i get there .
    Hi! #-Link-Snipped-# you should first start preparing for the GRE and ILETS exams. In the meantime, you can start searching for universities in Germany which provide automobile courses. Check for sites like #-Link-Snipped-# , QS World University Rankings, Events & Careers Advice | Top Universities , which give you a review of these univs.

Universities will have a list of courses, which you can go through and find the best one that suits your interest. You can always find a student mentor to the university on mentorbuddy.in/edu
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    N.K.V
    plss help me. I am not able to get sufficent knowledge about the top applied science colleges for doin MS in Mechanical Engineering.
    Hi! #-Link-Snipped-# what would you like to know in particular ?
  • N.K.V
    N.K.V
    sir i have found a university named, Hochschule Esslinger University of applied science. The course under this univ. i want to do is MS in Automotive Systems in Vehicle Dynamics. I had a look on there site , they r nt asking for any GRE or TOEFL score. Can you plss cnfrm me tht is it true and what r motivation letters they r asking for. Also tht the LOR must be frm the profesers or HOD only or it can be from a company or industry i hav done internship during my training period.
  • Himanshu dhol
    Himanshu dhol
    Are the above listed universities require any German language certification level.
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    Hey #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# sorry for the delay in reply. I just checked this link - #-Link-Snipped-#

You can check the links in the "How to Apply" section and you will find the entire information there. TL;DR - They need a TOEFL above 90 and German Language Proficiency A2. Also, you can LOR from your your supervisor at your internship location and also from your college.

Let me know if I can help any further.
  • akakash
    akakash
    #-Link-Snipped-# i saw the conversations my querie is whether GRE IS necessary to do MS In germany(is GRE is for only US based or for the whole world)
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    akakash
    #-Link-Snipped-# i saw the conversations my querie is whether GRE IS necessary to do MS In germany(is GRE is for only US based or for the whole world)
    Well, I have absolutely no idea if GRE is necessary for all universities in Germany. The best way to know is to visit the university's admissions page and check for application "requirements".
  • Prerana Pallavi
    Prerana Pallavi
    Hi,
    I graduated in 2010 from Mechanical stream and have been working in an automobile oem company since 5 years.
    I want to do masters in automobile engineering. Can anyone let me know the best universities for MS in automobile engineering which also provide placements after the coarse.
    Thanks,
    Prerana
  • Ketan Bhavsar
    Ketan Bhavsar
    I'm currently doing BE in automobile engineering. And i wanna pursue my master from germany.
    I'm interested in automotive production. And i wanna know the list of colleges which provides this course. And also the admission procedures. How and when should i apply.
    I found fraunhofer institute providing this course. And i wanna know more about it.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Found these colleges to be listed on top on many portals -
    • Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
    MEng in Design and Development for Mechanical and Automotive Engineering
    • Fraunhofer Academy
    Master In Automotive Production Engineering
    • HTW Berlin University of Applied Sciences
    MBA&E: Business Administration and Engineering
    • University of Bayreuth
    Offers a M.Sc. in Automotive Components Engineering and Mechatronics (ACEM).
    • Technical University of Munich
    Ranked 3rd in the country and 54th in the world
    Masters in Automotive Software Engineering.
    • Technical University of Berlin
    Masters in Automotive Systems.
  • SaiKumar4508
    SaiKumar4508
    Hello,
    I have got admission for Masters in Automotive Engineering in Zwickau University of applied sciences and the course is entirely taught in German. So, my question is how difficult is it to complete Masters in a German taught university? And is there any one who has done any degree which is entirely taught in German so that i'll get to know their experiences and suggestions.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    You did not mention your proficiency with German. How good are you? Native fluency? Professional?
  • Basavaraj Kannur
    Basavaraj Kannur
    Hi all...
  • Basavaraj Kannur
    Basavaraj Kannur
    Hi all...
    Actually i got a plenty of information about abroad study but still i have some doubts so please let me know about these.
    1.How much money is needed to complete MS in Germany ?
    2.Is their any financial help (Scholarship, fellowship) for the same ?
  • Simranjeet Singh_13
    Simranjeet Singh_13
    Greetings im simranjeet singh BE automobile from mumbai university with aggregate of 66% overall.
    i want to persue my MS in automotie technology.
    please help me .

Im planning for an year drop for internship
    german language
    ielts/toefl and gre
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    Hi guys! #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    Would you like to elaborate a little ? You can also connect me over email abhijeet[at]mentorbuddy[dot]in for a personalized
    I can help you connect with seniors from your choice of colleges.
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    Basavaraj Kannur
    Hi all...
    Actually i got a plenty of information about abroad study but still i have some doubts so please let me know about these.
    1.How much money is needed to complete MS in Germany ?
    2.Is their any financial help (Scholarship, fellowship) for the same ?
    Germany supports free education, so you don't incurr any tuition fees as such. Only your living, books etc expenses are on you. Also there are plenty of funding opportunities for Indian students, all you need is a good network and updated information about them. MentorBuddy has a network of students in Germany who can help you regarding that.
  • Vaibhav Raotole
    Vaibhav Raotole
    Hi, i am currently pursuing diploma in automobile engineering, i want to know that can i do bachelors of automobile engg. in germany in english language? which is more preferable in germany, german or english language? and will it affect in job opportunities?
  • Vaibhav Raotole
    Vaibhav Raotole
    Hi, i am currently pursuing diploma in automobile engineering, i want to know that can i do bachelors of automobile engineering in english language in germany? which language is more preferable? and will it affect the job opportunities?
  • Vaibhav Raotole
    Vaibhav Raotole
    hi, i am currently pursuing diploma in automobile enginnering, i want to know that can i do B.E in automobile in english language in germany?
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    Vaibhav Raotole
    Hi, i am currently pursuing diploma in automobile engineering, i want to know that can i do bachelors of automobile engg. in germany in english language? which is more preferable in germany, german or english language? and will it affect in job opportunities?
    Hi Vaibhav!
    I am a little unsure about the Bachelors degree in Germany. The courses are mostly in English, but you need to have a certain level of German language proficiency. I can talk to a few seniors in German universities and let you know details about it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In the midst of all the smartphone launches at the Mobile World Congress 2015, Qualcomm Technologies announced its new fingerprint recognition technology that will soon be a part of all...
Hold your breath as India's over crowded Android smartphone market gets a new entrant in the Rs. 6999 segment. This time around it's Micromax who is ready with its ammunition...
Project Abstract / Summary : The proposed system could generate various analytic on the data trapped in existing process to improve digital government platform like:The ore extracted mine wise whether...
Project Abstract / Summary : GLEANERSUCCOR​ The objective of our app is to help farmers to clear all their doubts regarding agriculture, solutions for diseased crops directly from the experts...
I am fond of all bridges. The Steel cantilever bridge on the Firth of Forth near Edinburgh in Scotland is a great favorite of mine. I was lost in adoration...