MS from IIT or M.Tech from NIT

Hi,
This is prateek, i am a final year student from computer science and engineering branch.
I have cleared GATE'09 with 502 as score and 96.25%tile with 1573 rank.
I am in the confusion that will it be a smart move to do MS from IIT's or MTech from NIT's/IIT's (whichever I get).
Also what is the scope of MS with respect to MTech.
Suggest some colleges also.
thanks in advance.😎

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hi coolprateek

Welcome to CE ! Congrats for clearing Gate. "Best of Luck" for future. In my opinion, go for MS rather than Mtech. I know few companies who consider Btech in CS as equivalent to Mtech in CS so equally pay but MS in Computer Science is given more preference these days. 😀

Please introduce yourself in CE Introductions section . Check the following link for template
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    I found this link about the difference between MS and M.Tech. Hope this helps you in deciding.
    Error
  • rohit jagannath
    rohit jagannath
    Re:my gate career

Hello sir,

im a be(electronics and communication) student. Right now im in the 6th semester. Im studying in bangalore.

All i wanted to tell you was that i didn't have a good score in any of my semesters.however, i managed an aggregate of around 60%.

Now to atleast achieve something, im willing to take up this wonderful gate exam.

All i want from you people is that, to guide me how to approach to this,how exactly to prepare for this, list of books,list of colleges for my ms programme, and so on. I would be very much thankful for you if you do me this favour.

Thanking you
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I found this link about the difference between MS and M.Tech. Hope this helps you in deciding.
    Error
    Very nice..but one question is it really necessary to go for Mtech or Ms after doing Btech if you want to do something in life

Actually i don't want to study anymore after completing my Btech as i have already given 20 years of my life to studies only

Now no more study !!

what do think ceans?
  • jaimtech
    jaimtech
    Dear Shalini, There is a lot of difference between B.Tech and M.Tech, we study deeply in M.Tech and going through a thesis also. So please don't miss guide others.

Now we talk about MS and M.TECH

MS is a research program. Here you have to study a little bit about engineering subjects, but more emphasized on research work. The time period may be expanded according to candidate working efficiency. It may be of 2-4 Years.

Whereas in M.TECH we study deeply about engineering subjects. We have to attend more classes in M.TECH as compared to MS. Also we have 6 months research in M.TECH.
    M.TECH is almost completed in 2 years.

So M.TECH is post graduate engineering degree and MS is a lower post research degree.

Thanks and Regards,
    Jai,
    M.TECH (Computer Sc and Engg)
    Assistant Professor
    in YIET (Engineering College)
  • chirag.cute
    chirag.cute
    check here
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    coolprateek2007
    Hi,
    This is prateek, i am a final year student from computer science and engineering branch.
    I have cleared GATE'09 with 502 as score and 96.25%tile with 1573 rank.
    I am in the confusion that will it be a smart move to do MS from IIT's or MTech from NIT's/IIT's (whichever I get).
    Also what is the scope of MS with respect to MTech.
    Suggest some colleges also.
    thanks in advance.😎

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone please tell me how to install backtrack 3 inside within xp.I want to allocate 10GB of space to it.
plz tell me about dotnet? What is it? What it includes? this is easy or not means i can learn it from my own effort without any guidence? What scope...
Could anyone give me some information on cryptography.....???
hey i m doing btech from DITM ganaur,sonepat in Information Technology help me out for finding training company in delhi
Name:Prateek S Bhushan Location:Jabalpur Madhya Pradesh Occupation: Student of Computer Science Hobbies & Interests: Chatting I joined CrazyEngineers because: To Fetch The Information That What's Going On In The Information...