MS after 3.5 years of Work Experience (GRE questions)

Hi All,
I am having the same query posted before ....
I have completed my Engineering in 2005 in Instrumentation Engineering

But after my completion of Graduation i shifted to IT .Now I would like to pursue my Higher Studies in USA in Information Technology.

My Work Profile

1) Dec 2005- Dec 2008 Worked as Software Engineer(Java Developer)

I have a mediocre Academic record

1) 10th 83%
2)12th 76%
3) Engineering 72%(aggregate 62%)

A1) Can i go for my MS with this work exp
B)Suggest me good universities for MS
C)What sort of GRE score is good for applying .

d) recommendation letters do i need to take it from my professor or can i take i from my Superiors ( i mean my PM , PL , HR my colleagues etc ).

e) what would be the deadline to apply for 2010 Jan admissions

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Hi Amol,

May be this thread started by NEHA would help you... ๐Ÿ˜€

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • forever_amol
    forever_amol
    Hi Durga,
    Thanks for ur reply I know it is possible to get admission, but I think for getttin admission in IT stream you would have to take pre requisit courses(as I am from Instrumentation(B.E.) Stream) and The tenure for MS may go up to 6 sems along with the fee.So,My question is
    "Is it compulsory to take those Pre-requisit cources even if u hav 3+ exp in it?"
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hi Amol,

First of all, thanks neatly describing your query. Coming to your questions, I've following to say -

A1) Can i go for my MS with this work exp

K: Yes, you can. In fact, work experience is an added advantage.

B)Suggest me good universities for MS

K: Different universities are famous for choice of the courses they offer. Would you be willing to share your criteria for selecting the universities?

C)What sort of GRE score is good for applying .
    I'm not sure of the latest GRE developments, but 1000+ /1600 would be enough to 'go' to USA. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • forever_amol
    forever_amol
    hello The_Big_K,
    Thanks for ur reply ...can u plz refer my actual question stated below....
    "I know it is possible to get admission, but I think for getttin admission in IT stream you would have to take pre requisit courses(as I am from Instrumentation(B.E.) Stream) and The tenure for MS may go up to 6 sems along with the fee.So,My question is
    "Is it compulsory to take those Pre-requisit cources even if u hav 3+ exp in IT?"
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    forever_amol
    hello The_Big_K,
    Thanks for ur reply ...can u plz refer my actual question stated below....
    "I know it is possible to get admission, but I think for getttin admission in IT stream you would have to take pre requisit courses(as I am from Instrumentation(B.E.) Stream) and The tenure for MS may go up to 6 sems along with the fee.So,My question is
    "Is it compulsory to take those Pre-requisit cources even if u hav 3+ exp in IT?"

Any score above 1400+ with good recommendation will ensure you the IT steam + sponsership. IT field work experience should be a added advantage. As for as I know graduation from Non IT should not be a problem, some one please confirm.

๐Ÿ˜’ Crazy
  • forever_amol
    forever_amol
    Thanks dude...!!!!
    But it need to be CONFIRMED
    ๐Ÿ˜›
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hey anmol..

dont get tensed.

1. firstly you get into a university ๐Ÿ˜€
    2.you have an opportunity to meet your student adviser
    3. ask him if you need to take up the prerequisite courses... i dont think he would ask you,depending on your work experience in relavant feild .
    4. and always.. once you get an i20... you have few opportunities to have a chat with your student adviser...

pre requisites are only to get you conversant with the subject before you do MASTERS in it ๐Ÿ˜

and if you are already conversant you dont have to take it!!

hope it answers you query

and as far as scoring is concerned... it would be percentile scoring... i.e depending on relative scoring on that specific exam... ๐Ÿ˜€ once you get your score card...on the backside of the paper.. they give relative marking... so just do your best... and even you get a medicore score of 1200๐Ÿ˜€D i got nothin more!!).. but still you are in the upper cream of the exam... it should be fine

• forever_amol
    forever_amol
    Thanks ..thanks a lot ...dear ..... I ll definitely try my Best ...!!!
    cheers ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    No WORRIES MATE!!! ๐Ÿ˜ all the best!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans... My name is Santhosh.. i need to install Lexical analyzer and YACC into Kubuntu 8.04 or fedora 8... Please anybody help me out for doing this...
am a new member of the crazy engineers co operation and i would like to say hellow to every one.Iam a kenyan studying electronics and computer engineering.
I had been waiting for this film to release ever since I heard the song "Mumma" by Kailash Kher. Dasvidaniya means "Good Bye". Amar Kaul (Vinay Pathak)is a regular guy...
am an electronics and computer engineering student.next year i will doing my final projects,can any one help me on how ican construct a pic programmer or sent me the websites...
CEans, Did anyone among us see the movie? If yes, could you please write a brief review?