Mozilla Thunderbird Development To Stop - Goodbye Thunderbird!

A confidential letter leaked on TechCrunch declares that Mozilla won't be actively developing the popular competitor to Microsoft's Outlook. Mozilla will pull out the developers working on Thunderbird to work on what's new exciting thing for Mozilla - the Firefox OS (earlier Boot To Gecko project). The information was to go live to public on Monday afternoon PDT, but as with the most confidential mails, the info got leaked on the Internet.

Mozilla says they aren't 'stopping' the development but rather promote a community driven development. Which would basically mean that the development won't be at the same pace as before.

The diehard fans of Thunderbird aren't going to like this news. Anyone's used Thunderbird before? Your thoughts please?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Ah! That's bad news. I just swiched to Thunderbird.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mozilla won't be actively developing Thunderbird anymore. That means the die hard fans of Thunderbird will have to look for an alternative. While the traditional Outlook is still the best...
The rumors are spreading on the Internet that Galaxy Note II, to be launched around the same time as Apple iPhone 5 towards the end of this year is going...
There are different opinion among countries regarding the school uniform. For example, Countries like japan,south African countries follows school uniform. On the other hand, Some schools in U.K have got...
friends any body is there from 2012 gate crackers who can help me to choose a coaching institute .. I am planning for GATE 2013 so please help me in...
Hello... I want to join and share your golden team as one member .......😀