Moto Stream: An Affordable Solution To Make Any Speaker Bluetooth Enabled

Any music enthusiast knows the joy of being able to play music without the messy tangle of wires. The trouble is that when you opt for a wireless Bluetooth enabled speaker system you make your existing speakers redundant. Moreover most portable Bluetooth speakers are run out of juice too quickly and do not sound as good as your home speaker system. Motorola has tried to overcome both of these foibles by introducing the Moto Stream. The Moto Stream is a multi-faceted coloured portable wireless adapter that plugs into your existing speaker system with the help of a 3.5mm to RCA or 3.5mm to 3.5mm connector. Moto Stream is powered by a microUSB charger which is included with the product. The best part of the Moto Stream is its price tag of 49.99 USD (2,965 INR).

Moto Stream 1

Moto Stream uses Bluetooth 3.0 standard and is able to support up to five simultaneous Bluetooth connections from Android, iOS or Windows PC device from up to 300 feet. To make pairing faster the Moto Stream is also equipped with NFC. The Moto Stream is social as well, as its Heist mode allows all the five connections to control the device. So imagine you are at a party and your friend is acting like a buzz kill by playing a melancholic track on the Moto Stream, you can immediately override the speaker by dropping in another track from a paired device. Moto Stream is available in the US on the Motorola website and will make its way to RadioShack stores in the country on June 6th. Global availability and pricing information is still awaited.

So before discussing this amazing product from Motorola and its advantages and pitfalls, we advise you to go through the #-Link-Snipped-# which we have embedded for your convenience below and watch the Moto Stream in action below.

Spoiler: Press Release

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    This is super Awesome!

Five connections, Bluetooth supporting distance of 300 feet and supports almost all type of jacks (3.5mm to RCA or 3.5mm to 3.5mm connector).
    That too at a price of 2500/- can't ask more.

I am a music lover and is frustrated of the messy wires system, would love to add it to my kitty once it will be launched in India..
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    2500/- is because of their brand name. We can make similar thing in very cheaper price yeah you might not get this cool casing for the device.

PS: Is that guy Shikhar Dhawan(Indian Cricketer) in video? 😉
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    What gives a big company rights to launch a same old device with such a huge price tag?

I think these will do the same thing for under Rs. 500 -
    Amazon.com
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Has anyone picked up the similarities between the Moto Stream and the never sold in the market device from Google, the Nexus Q. Yes they have over priced the stuff because the are aiming it at the bigger markets. Motorola launched the Moto E simultaneously in countries like UK and India but this will not happen with the Moto Stream thanks to its price.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I initially thought that it was magnificent and superb from Its usage but after the link provided from Ankita , It really confuses me. An average man can't estimate a electronic thing. Thanks to Harshad and Satya for throwing light on this gadget .
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Smartphones starts from range 5000 INR and are upto more than 50000 INR; does that mean the phone with 50000 are overly charged or pricey?

The one given in the link is the plain vanilla version of the bluetooth device; the one given by Moto Stream gives you quality with some features and warranty (I read for an year); Isn't that enough?

Do you think that all the bluetooth device will give same sound quality?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Rajni Jain
    Smartphones starts from range 5000 INR and are upto more than 50000 INR; does that mean the phone with 50000 are overly charged or pricey?

The one given in the link is the plain vanilla version of the bluetooth device; the one given by Moto Stream gives you quality with some features and warranty (I read for an year); Isn't that enough?

You are correct 50000 is not overly charged because we know that even we know what parts they have used still it's impossible to make it similar.
    But in case of this device it is very common and simple as main part is Bluetooth module and there are many modules available in market which can be used for the same purpose.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I think yes we can get the same quality by using the best hardware.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not impressed! Given the short range of Bluetooth; I'd have loved Wi-Fi enabled option. It'd be much more usable and I could setup a central media server through my router and have the speakers play music in any of the rooms.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

DGP submitted a new project: PiConsole - Anywhere Console for Raspberry Pi - PiConsole - Easy wireless access to console of your Raspberry Pi from PC, Tablet, Android and iPhone...
If you are someone like the fictitious Sheldon Cooper from the famous sitcom The Big Bang Theory who has trouble in detecting sarcasm in a conversation you are not alone....
Dedicating this discussion to suggesting new startups. Whenever you come across a really cool startup, whose founders team consists of engineers or the startup is related to technology/innovation in any...
Ostendo, a Californian start-up company is ready to bring the future to our present. The company's display innovations now allow projecting 3D holograms right from your smartphone. Ostendo has promised...
Well, I named Flipkart because they are synonymous with online buying in India. However, this discussion is about checking out the honesty of the reviews of products posted on Flipkart...