Moto G (3rd Gen) Gets Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update In India

Motorola make Moto G (3rd Generation) phones in India are getting upgraded to Android's latest version 6.0 aka Marshmallow, as per the company's recent tweet. Since the tweet did not mention a specific date, we are assuming that the update's roll out across India would be gradual and you can expect it to arrive to your Moto G over the next couple of weeks. The smartphone which first arrived in India in July last year, impressed Moto fans with its improved specifications and in-budget price tag. Moto G(3rd Gen):Improved Camera & Specs + Water Resistance For The Same Old Price went up on sale on e-commerce portal Flipkart at a price of Rs. 11999 for 8 GB variant and Rs. 12999 for 16 GB variant.

moto-g-android-marshmallow-india
Since its arrival in August 2015, "Marshmallow" - It's Android Marshmallow, Folks! update is eagerly awaited on many top-selling phones that were launched in the first half of 2015. There are tons of new features to look forward to, including - a 'Now on Tap' feature which brings you a shortcut way to access your apps and other information, a 'Doze' mode that automatically puts your phone into a sleep state and the 'App Standby' mode that stops battery from draining due to apps that aren't even accessed frequently. Android 6.0 also lets users define what they want to share and when by turning permissions on and off for individual apps. It also supports fingerprint recognition feature for unlocking your phone.

There are tons of other useful feature in the update. For instance - improved application performance while having a lower memory overhead so that multi-tasking is faster or more power efficient BLE scanning, Flex storage which makes using SD cards or external storage devices secure, auto back up for apps and a lot more.

If you are eagerly waiting for the Android 6.0 to arrive on your Moto G (3rd Gen), know that the smartphone will notify you. If you don't receive it, you can do a manual check by going to the Settings page, in that About Phone and System Update.

What are your views about Android 6.0's arrival on top smartphones in India? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CES 2016 is just around the corner and LG is all set to unveil its first production-ready 98-inch 8K SUPER UHD TV to the public at Las Vegas. LG had...
Chip making company Qualcomm, of the Snapdragon mobile processor fame have released a video that gives us a preview of their Snapdragon Flight drone, which they had announced back in...
A group that claims to be an anti-ISIS unit and looks to fight their highly progressive online “caliphate” in the long run has claimed responsibility for bringing down BBC internet...
How am i supposed to equip myself for an interview which i am about to face in two more years.? How to show my resume cornered?
As he delivered the inaugural speech at the 103th Indian Science Congress at the University of Mysore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi maintained a fine balance between the need of innovation...