Moto E Launched In India; Goes For Sale At Midnight On Flipkart For Rs. 6,999

Motorola has sent shivers down the spine of regional smartphone manufacturers like Karbonn, Micromax and Lava by unveiling its most affordable handset yet. Moto E was launched in India today and will go on sale at midnight on Flipkart for just Rs. 6,999. The Moto E manages to deliver more than any other handset in this price range. It starts off by giving a slightly curved body that makes it feel more ergonomic while typing. The 4.3 inch display with qHD resolution (540 x 960 pixels) comes with a class leading pixels per inch figure of 256 ppi. The display is protected with the help of Corning Gorilla Glass 3, a splash guard and an anti-smudge coating.

Moto E
Moto E 1 Moto E 2 Moto E 3 Moto E 4 Moto E 5 โ€‹

What impresses us most are the innards, for a phone in this range we get a 1.2 GHz dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 A7 processor and 1GB of RAM. Gaming and graphics are taken care of by an average single core 400 MHz Adreno 302 GPU. The Moto E is shipped with the latest version of Android 4.4 (KitKat) and a guaranteed access to all future updates. Like its bigger brother, the Moto E offers Dual-SIM functionality. One of the most requested features of expandable memory has been granted with the Moto E. To compensate for the meagre 4 GB storage, Motorola throws in a microSD card slot that can handle cards of up to 32GB. Photography needs are taken care of by a rear 5MP sensor that is also capable recording FWVGA resolution (854*480 pixels) videos as well. To keep the prices to a low Motorola has skipped on a front snapper. Moto E features connectivity options like Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, microUSB and 3G and supports GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou navigation. The 1980 mAh Li-Ion is claimed to last for 24 hours on mixed media usage.

Before you head out on a comparison battle between the Moto E and other phones in this price range, we recommend you to purse through the official product page on Online Shopping India | Buy Mobiles, Electronics, Appliances, Clothing and More Online at Flipkart.com, photos from its launch party on the official #-Link-Snipped-# and the promotional video below.

โ€‹

Replies

• Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    This will be a revolutionary product. I think it would beat Moto G in the terms of sales. This was much awaited phone.

Now we have to just see it's Magic ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I agree to Sanyam and The phone which has impressed with its specifications in the past were over taken by mighty Moto E.
    If it was back two years ago, i dm sure Moto would have been number 1 company which Samsung did correctly but its not too late , MoTo gona rock the online shopping records.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    As long as Motorola devices are not available in local markets, it ain't going to make BIG impact. The moment Motorola decides to sell their product via local sellers, it will outsell all the Android manufacturers company in Indian market, whether it is Samsung or Sony.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Yeah, that's because some people don't trust online sellers till now ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Moto G is topped/still topping the chart (in its 12 - 14 k range )immediately after its launch. Same will be repeated from today midnight onwards. with Specification & Price tag, Its gonna be the Steal/first choice for the customers who were till now relying on Samsung, Xolo, lava ,Micromax products.

Moto has Some Great plans for its future. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Awesome phone in this price, best ever under Rs. 7000.It will surely rock the market. "All other brands you better watch out, MOTO is coming to kick you out."

LAVA iris X is another phone in this price range with 8 MP rear camera and expected to bundled with Android 4.4.

I would love to see the other specification of Lava, to see if it has metal to give competition to MOTO E?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I think this would steal better than Moto G. The micro SD card slot is a bonus from Motorola. Now, I can save to buy this one as it's dual SIM, and I was planning to get a Moto G anyways - this is just half the price!!!! ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘
  • Apoorva Kakkar
    Apoorva Kakkar
    Moto is again back with a bang...........i am already having a MOTO G ๐Ÿ˜ and it simply rocks ...........
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Curious to know how much space will be actually available out of 4GB internal. All the apps need to be in the internal memory for better functionality right?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Apoorva Kakkar
    Moto is again back with a bang...........i am already having a MOTO G ๐Ÿ˜ and it simply rocks ...........
    How much space does the Android Kitkat take up out of your 8/16GB internal memory variant of Moto G?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Curious to know how much space will be actually available out of 4GB internal. All the apps need to be in the internal memory for better functionality right?
    The phone's internal memory - which stands at 4GB (out of which only 2.2GB is user accessible) - i#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Apoorva Kakkar
    Apoorva Kakkar
    1 GB ...in 16 GB variant MOTO G
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Anyone here bought the Moto E??? Would love to hear a honest opinion whether it's worth every penny or should I opt for a Moto G?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I'd certainly recommend Moto G. It's one awesome phone. The camera quality is better too; which most of the reviewers rated it negative for. Overall it's totally worth buying it.

Android Kit Kat and other apps eat out about ~3 GB and about 4-5 - 5 GB is available for use. You can however use Google Drive to store your photos and videos. Or simply backup photos on your computer/HDD and keep only the most essential ones on your device. That strategy works all the time. I do the same with my Note II; while I got about 32 Gb of storage in it.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I'd certainly recommend Moto G. It's one awesome phone. The camera quality is better too; which most of the reviewers rated it negative for. Overall it's totally worth buying it.

Android Kit Kat and other apps eat out about ~3 GB and about 4-5 - 5 GB is available for use. You can however use Google Drive to store your photos and videos. Or simply backup photos on your computer/HDD and keep only the most essential ones on your device. That strategy works all the time. I do the same with my Note II; while I got about 32 Gb of storage in it.
    Thanks. I'm looking forward to get my hands dirty on either of these, or go for a second hand Note 2 or Grand 2 [But again these sizes get bigger and I want a smaller size๐Ÿ˜•] by next month.๐Ÿ˜’

Time to get rid of S3 mini thanks to it's minimal battery. It's really hard when there are phones like #-Link-Snipped-# with tremendous battery backup to decide what you want.๐Ÿ˜˜
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Anoop Mathew
    Anyone here bought the Moto E??? Would love to hear a honest opinion whether it's worth every penny or should I opt for a Moto G?
    My neighbour bought a White MotoE which came today.Its simply stunning and never looked like a phone coming under 7k.Its strong on outside and ease of use.never tried any high end games but it seems it can match high end phones. Flipkart seems packing it good and faster. white looks so attractive .
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Screenshot from 2014-05-24 09:58:52
    And I am underwhelmed that I am not even getting chance to order Moto E.
    Hey Flipkart, Stack up Moto E's asap! I am dying .
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Flipkart is getting overwhelmed by Motot-E/G, they delayed my Camera bag order by two days. First time I received my order in 5 days.

Here is their response of complain
    Hi Anoop,

Thank you for taking your time to write to us.

We would like to let you know that we are running huge volumes post "Moto-E" launch, hence due to high number of requests the response to your queries is delayed. We are sorry for the delay and we request your co-operation as we are working to provide the best services to our customers, we will sort things for you.

I certainly understand your concern and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused due to delay in delivery your order.

I am glad to inform you that your order (Order ID - ODxxxx) for โ€˜Lowepro Photo Sport 200 AW Backpackโ€™ is currently out for delivery through 'Ekart Logistics' and will be delivered to you by 7 PM today.

Hope this helps. Have a nice day!
    ๐Ÿ˜ก
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Awesome phone within this price tag. I think this is high time to replace my HTC Inspire with this now.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Harshad Italiya
    Awesome phone within this price tag. I think this is high time to replace my HTC Inspire with this now.
    New stock arrived! I just placed my order.
    Don't miss it !

Capture
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We'll look forward to review of the phone.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We'll look forward to review of the phone.
    Sure thing.

By the way, Moto E is again 'Out Of Stock'. Sales of Moto E is truly epic.
    God bless Indians!
  • Sugantan Ravichandran
    Sugantan Ravichandran
    Anoop Mathew
    hello Anoop i bought the Moto - E ......it
    is awesome ......its worth is more than the actual price.....if any one ask me the suggestion for buying a phone within 10,000 rs means.....my 1st choice is Moto -E .....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The modern sedentary life has led more health problems than ever. Whether you are a student or working professional, chances are you might be spending more than six hours a...
Gingerbreadman submitted a new project: To the future - what if we can acctully make boards that can float? So the term huvr board (HOVER BOARD) is known form the...
I am dedicating this thread for all media players that are available in internet for free whether it is closed source or opensource. I would like to call all CEans...
A new project up on Kickstarter called the "OutRunner" has made the world's first legged running robot come to life. The OutRunner bot is remote-controlled and can run at 20...
If you are active on Twitter, sometime or the other you would have wished to remove all the irritating and endless tweets from your timeline without having to un-follow someone....