More than one BOSS

In corporate world there is obvious scenario of reporting to more than one bosses.It is really a difficult to handle such situation where employee needs to report two or more by nature of work or any other depending situation.
What if you are put in same kind of situation where you need to report more than one Bosses about your work. How would you handle such cases. Will that be difficult or easy going thing..

Your take please?

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Trust me, it is really, really difficult. But it is not impossible. To be successful, you got to attend a course on acting which spans for about one year.
    Jokes apart, yes, it is hard. There are two steps for achieving success in this ordeal.
    Step 1
    Do what you are doing. Do what you feel and what experts (other than your bosses) can be sure that it is true, do what is correct.
    Now the hard part.
    Step 2
    You need to convince the bosses that what you did is exactly what he/she wanted. This you really got to do even if the work contrasts to what you were told to do.
    Boss 1 usually tells you to do it in some method, say method 1. Similarly, boss 2,3,4 ....(depends on how unlucky you are) will give you a lot of other methods and their own customized results. You need to keep everyone happy.
    Things go worse when the bosses of yours have superiority complex within themselves. You really need to juggle with those words such that they feel that you are loyal to them, not to their counterparts.
    In short, you need to convince and also impose (yes, you got to) your ideas on every boss of yours if you are under multiple bosses. If you are under one boss, be natural and obey his commands like a good employee.
    This answer is a bit crude. Try to improve it by raising questions and saying that it is a bad answer(please state where the answer has gone bad if you feel that it has.).
    Waiting for your words...
  • johnpatrick
    johnpatrick
    Nice idea you shared. Yes, its difficult to move on such situation. But, practically we can overcome the issue. right?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I am making a remote control for switching ON and OFF lights in my house. Hope UART is the best method when using IR. Need only 3 input pins...
hello friends I need help regarding emerging seminar topics if you have any idea please post I'll be thankfull..
Here’s a lecture on phasor analysis which gives information about the relative phase differences between various waveforms in a circuit. Prof. L. Umanand, Principal Research Scientist of Power Electronics Group-IISc...
Watch this video to learn how to calculate the power factor of any load for a given source voltage. This lecture is conducted by Prof. L. Umanand, Principal Research Scientist...
Look at the different domains of electromagnetic systems. This session lays the groundwork for lectures on transformers and motors.This lecture is conducted by Prof. L. Umanand, Principal Research Scientist of...