Mock Aptitude Test Discussions - July 24!

CEans,

This thread is dedicated to the mock aptitude test conducted on July 24, 5-6PM (IST). Share your experiences, discuss questions etc. in this thread πŸ˜€. Hoping to hear from all the test takers.

Tell us how was the test. Whether the questions were too tough, too easy or just normal. Share your opinion and feedback as well πŸ˜€

Results

1. Ambarish Ganesh: Score 175/250
  2. English Scared
  3. H.Ali
Others - you know your score. Feel free to share it with fellow CEans in this thread. Those who didn't submit, check your score manually. We'll publish all the questions and answers very soon.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    CE Mock Aptitude Test - I Discussions

This thread is for discussing the questions and answers of the first mock aptitude test on CE.

Ask questions & discuss solutions here.

• Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    i get to know i need to improve my quant practice well ..
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    how do you solve the 5 envelopes, 5 letters dearrangement problem? πŸ˜€
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Decode Q. 30) Please!!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Can you post the questions here , if possible?
  • H.Ali
    H.Ali
    the screen went grey.
    what to do??
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Re: CE Mock Aptitude Test - I Discussions

actually most of the quants questions consumed more than 3 minutes to crack. that left me time just to guess in most of the questions... πŸ˜”
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Can we have all the questions here, please? That would be a lot better. I request the authority for the same.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Decode Q. 30) Please!!
    The missing number in the series 5 13 ? 71 133 is 33
  • MegaByte
    MegaByte
    The question-set was really nice. Some were tough. Some of the questions took more time than expected to get solved. So I had to guess the answers of most of the questions due to time constraint.. πŸ˜”
    I have got 100! 😐 Is it a good score or... πŸ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Questions and answers coming soon! What's your opinion about the toughness of the test?
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    There was no negative scoring?
    @Biggie: Test was kinda tough... But I didn't plan. Almost half the time went off for the first 10 questions itself... πŸ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nope there was no negative marketing. We're planning to add it in future. Do you all suggest that we conduct such tests every weekend? πŸ˜€
    Yeah please conduct so that we can try to get a good score at the original exam... 😁
  • Reya
    Reya
    My god! I took 5 mins for some of the quan questions.

I chose the answers randomly for rest of the questions😭😭

I have to improve a lot!

The level of difficulty was medium.

@Biggie: Include negative marking after 5 tests gets over.

It would be nice if we conduct the test every week end πŸ˜€
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    praveenscience
    The missing number in the series 5 13 ? 71 133 is 33
    Yes. Please tell me the method to crack it!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, we're planning to conduct the test every weekend. Yes, future tests will have negative markings.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The level of difficulty is medium for Quant, I dont know for English and easy for DI.

THe panel question was very easy!!

@ALL : A small tip, if you feel a question is tuff always leave it and solve at last, the DI were easy which I solved after first 15 mins. SO scoring is imp πŸ˜€

Its the first online test I wrote, Is it the same way CAT exam is?

@Biggie: We need to have negative marking which really avoids guessing and we will be as good as writing a original test.
  • Reya
    Reya
    @all: can we discuss the answers?

@Ambarish: 30.If ALONE is written as YKMMC,then CLASS is written as?
  • Reya
    Reya
    @ES: Cat is more difficult compared to this test πŸ˜”
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    praveena211
    @Ambarish: 30.If ALONE is written as YKMMC,then CLASS is written as?
    i think it is none of these. πŸ˜€ the first third and fifth are two letters preceeding it and the rest are one letter preceeding it.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Oh, I missed the opportunity to guess for this test πŸ˜‰
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i think it is none of these. πŸ˜€ the first third and fifth are two letters preceeding it and the rest are one letter preceeding it.
    The answer is BKYRR. I got all the answers with me...
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    the quants is closer to the level of CAT. but logical and verbal is easier than CAT. πŸ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    praveena211
    @ES: Cat is more difficult compared to this test πŸ˜”
    I am not talking about the difficulty level, I am just asking about the way the questions are displayed and selecting the options etc.

Or do we have page by page in CAT?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ES: Point well taken. This is the first time we've conducted the test and already noted down lot of action items for the next test. Let's plan to take it to bigger level with more participation. We'll also move over to the bigger platform to conduct the tests. Will keep everyone posted.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    praveenscience
    The answer is BKYRR
    but i thought it is BKYRQ.. so marked as none of these...
    Yeah.. Since two consecutive letters are not same, even I thought the same... πŸ˜”
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    English-Scared
    I am not talking about the difficulty level, I am just asking about the way the questions are displayed and selecting the options etc.

Or do we have page by page in CAT?
    each question is page by page... but for the RCs and the DI questions involving same data for many questions, the are in a single page with a scroll down..
    Reasoning Comprehension and Data Insufficiency?
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    in my opinion quant level is medium..logical reasoning was fine πŸ˜€ i able to pass based on that..please attached the question and answers in this thread.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The_Big_K
    @ES: Point well taken. This is the first time we've conducted the test and already noted down lot of action items for the next test. Let's plan to take it to bigger level with more participation. We'll also move over to the bigger platform to conduct the tests. Will keep everyone posted.

And one important point to note is the we get huge traffic and too many posts at the end and at the time of test, we need to keep a eye on server as well I am talking about the outage.
  • H.Ali
    H.Ali
    The_Big_K
    Nope there was no negative marketing. We're planning to add it in future. Do you all suggest that we conduct such tests every weekend? πŸ˜€
    @Biggie Conduct it every weekend..
    and about the negtive marks.. it should be added...

< i am afraid that if there were negtive marks ,i will loose a couple of marks>
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    the difficulty level is medium and its really a nice experience. I have to improve my quants a lot πŸ˜” Taking too much of my time.

yes, I want the tests every weekend.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    praveenscience
    Reasoning Comprehension and Data Insufficiency?
    yup πŸ˜€ the same..
    Guys, let the test be this way... No negative markings for now please... 😐
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    got 12 wrong. so 190 πŸ˜€ too bad i didn't submit the answer πŸ˜” πŸ˜”

the questions were very good. good job AK and SS. πŸ˜€ looking forward to more such tests πŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thanks CP. Does anybody think that the difficulty level should be increased?
    I have created these questions, keeping in mind the general aptitude tests by companies coming for recruitment.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    AbraKaDabra
    Thanks CP. Does anybody think that the difficulty level should be increased?
    I have created these questions, keeping in mind the general aptitude tests by companies coming for recruitment.
    No i think this is the difficulty level at which the placement tests will be... we write them every week in our college and they are almost similar...
    I guess all the questions have the same kinda stuff, except which you have to calculate the time and steps needed to solve, to check the difficulty of the questions... 😁

Yeah, these questions were too difficult, may be becoz of my lack of preparation... πŸ˜”
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    I accidentally clicked one of the questions I didn't want to attend, and then I could never clear it (only toggle among the answers).
    And, I clicked the save button a few seconds before timeout. As it showed 'loading' for some seconds, the time was up and it closed. may be I missed for a second or two.

I think both the above issues can be solved if every question has a Save and Submit option (which can be done more than once during the exam time).
    Whats the need for clearing your answer if you don't have negative markings?
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    IF you don't have negative markings, yes, there is no need. πŸ˜€
    Right now there's no negative marking, and I hope and wish, not to have negative marking.. πŸ˜€
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Negative marking will surely force us to improve. And not having them, any particular advantage with it (other than the score πŸ˜‰)?

Do general aptitude tests have -ve marks? :-/
    I guess not... Except AIEEE and IITJEE, nothing has negative marks... πŸ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    CAT has negative marks.. Negative marks are generally good, as it encourages us to be sure of our answer before submitting it..

The point of these aptitude tests is not only to test if you can solve the problems, but if you can solve it in a given time.

If I had 6 hours with me, I can solve all questions in the CAT paper, every single one of them.. Almost everyone can..

But you don't have 6 hours.. you only have one.. Probably even less than that, considering you also have to do DI and verbal..

So, only when it has negative marks, you will attempt only those topics u r confident about, and you'll mark only those answers which u r sure of..

If negative marking is not there, there'll be a tendency to sit in a single question for too long.. Because, anyway marks are not gonna be deducted for wrong answers.. So, if there's no time, we'll mark off the answers randomly.. Simply put, we won't know when to stop and give up on a question.. At least for that, we need negative marking..
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Besides that, negative marking also eliminates or at least, reduces the possibility that someone who randomly ticked off all the answers gets a score more than you.. That is also very important.. 😁
  • starzz
    starzz
    when wud b d nxt quiz??😲
    starzz
    when wud b d nxt quiz??😲
    This weekend??.. πŸ˜€
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    praveenscience
    I have got 100! 😐 Is it a good score or... πŸ˜”
    I got 80 😁.
    I will improve in the next test.
    Whats In Name
    I got 80 😁.
    I will improve in the next test.
    Woah!!! Same here dude, me too have to improve... But lost becoz of silly stuffs... πŸ˜” I was very careless... πŸ˜”
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Good Luck for the next test!
    All the best is good... πŸ˜€
  • H.Ali
    H.Ali
    eternalthinker
    I think both the above issues can be solved if every question has a Save and Submit option (which can be done more than once during the exam time).
    there was a save and continue button at the bottom, which can be use any time during the exam.
    thats the key which saved me.. because i saved my answers when there was 2 mins remaning.and forgot to press the submit button...
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    H.Ali
    there was a save and continue button at the bottom, which can be use any time during the exam.
    thats the key which saved me.. because i saved my answers when there was 2 mins remaning.and forgot to press the submit button...
    I think I mistook it for the Submit button πŸ˜‰

PS: Oh! CE now has autosave feature πŸ˜€
  • starzz
    starzz
    thnx...
    nd plz jst mention d tym also..πŸ˜€
    The time would be confirmed before the day of the test. It has to be agreed with all the test takers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

THE TESTS ROCKED Here is how we can make it rock further. πŸ˜€ Corrections to be made. 1. Looking at the greater response for tests, we will need a system...
1. If the angles of a quadrilateral form an arithmetic progression and the third angle measures three times the first, then the smallest angle is: 90 degrees 72 degrees 54...
hello friends, i am a final year ece student. i am planning to take femtocells as my seminar topic. any comments?????i mean is it a tough topic??please reply
The chip that helps control your Mac notebook's battery could be the latest target for attackers. ​ A report in Forbes today details the findings of Accuvant security researcher Charlie...
Win my eternal owing should you help me! Hi ALL! Confused Newbie here! 😐 Was hoping to get some help for this qualification project. I'm an aspiring Chemical Engineer, still...