mobile in aircraft

I need some information and guidance to do this project.
Is it possible to use cell phone in aircraft?
I want to do this project by using infrared communication.
please,help me to proceed in this project by giving me the necessary and appropriate details.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Is it possible to use cell phone in aircraft?
    ... I'm not too sure what you're asking.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @Jeyaprabha: I am not aware of the technicalities, but cell phones are allowed in aircrafts. They are asked to switch off during due to some technical reasons.

As far as I am aware we can operate it well provided we have 'range'. Perhaps that is what you are trying to ask. 😀

Let us wait for some telecomm engineer to answer your query.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The reason behind not using Mobile phones in AirCraft is, both Mobile Phones and AirCraft Radar operates in the same frequency and same technology. 😐 So, they both might conflict thereby not able to guide the aircraft the path! 😔 This should be the reason... 😛

But how come you are saying you can work a mobile with IR? 😲

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft is one of the top contributors of Linux Kernel development. It's a surprising move by Microsoft in recent years to contribute to Linux development. Read this article: David A....
Apple Inc. the company behind macs, iphone, ipads, ipods may soon over take EXXON as the most valuable company in the world. Apple is already the most valuable technology company...
You can now preview open Google Chrome tabs right in the taskbar - a feature that Windows 7 provides. By using this simple trick you will be able to display...
I've been wondering why do we use bypass capacitors? What's the specific purpose they're used in electronic circuits?
Burt Rutan's delivered his final design that he designed prior to his reitement in April 2011: Burt Rutan’s Scaled Composites Delivers Model 367 “BiPod” – A Flying Hybird Car -...