Mobile Application Testing

Does anyone have any idea about security & performance testing of mobile application? I am testing android & iphone apps but need some help. If anyone has any idea please help.. Any good video/links would be helpful.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, the kind of testing to be done will definitely depend on the type of application you are testing. It'd help if you could tell us what help you need so that we can chip in our inputs.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    I am new to this mobile apps and manually test them in my organization but i would like to test deeply things for performance, load etc. I would love to learn new tools, technique for good mobile applications testing. I have seen all other organizations work on tools but we don't use any. I like to automate my tasks.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I believe most of the security testing would be manual one with use of special tools. I'm not familiar with automation tools used for mobile apps testing. Perhaps @#-Link-Snipped-# and @#-Link-Snipped-# can give you inputs.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Few of the automation tools for mobile that are gaining popularity off late and I have evaluated are:
    - Robitium
    - SeeTest
    - MonkeyTalk
    - M-eux (QTP add-in)

Let me know if you have any specific query for any of these, that I can answer.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Thanks.. Which one should i start working with? An easy tool, popular & best tool for mobile applications...
    Also, can you tell me how to do security & performance testing for mobile applications.. Thanks
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Robotium should be the one you can start with..
    Meanwhile, I haven't work on Performance / Security for Mobile applications.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Ok.
    I have learned QTP so have knowledge of Vb scripting. Are UFT & M-eux same?

With robotium, i can automate android only? I have to test iphone app also..
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    UFT is the name of QTP 11.5 which is actually combination of two application QTP 11.0 (Functional Testing) and HP's tool to give the facility of doing service bases testing. Again, this is licensed, and even if you want to upgrade from QTP 11, you need to pay extra money for the same.

M-eux is a paid add-in for QTP for QTP (can be used with QTP 11 as well).
    For doing iPhone app testing you can use SeeTest as well.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am using Samsung Galaxy Y powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbird and I am in need for a app for the following purpose: 1)I have searched many websites but I...
It's @Ambarish Ganesh birthday today so come and join me to wish "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to our Ambarish Ganesh.Wish him to have a blasting sunday ..............🎉
Hi CEans.We know that automotive industry is growing more faster than mobile industry where more and more cars and bikes are rolling out everyday and equipped with special features and...
Google Nexus owners across the world are concerned regarding the well-being of their beloved smartphone after learning about Flash SMS based denial-of-service attacks that can affect the performance of several...
Helllo guys, I have been following CE discussions regarding CDAC for a while and i want to present a very odd situation of mine ( read as "problem" ). I...