Mitsubishi Plastics launch VIEW-BARRIER™

– Super high gas barrier film designed for electronic devices –

30 April, 2008 – Mitsubishi Plastics, Inc. (MPI), today announces the European launch of its new super high gas barrier film, VIEW-BARRIER. Designed for use in the front panels of electronic devices, VIEW-BARRIER is a modified film based on MPI’s TECHBARRIER technology, which has been used in high performance food, medical, pharmaceutical and industrial packaging around the world since 1991.

VIEW-BARRIER provides a superior level of water vapour barrier, achieving a transmission rate of up to 10-4 g/m2/day, allowing for flexible, roll-to-roll production of plastic electronics. VIEW-BARRIER is also extremely resistant, even under long term high temperature and high humidity circumstances. In addition to the excellent water vapour barrier properties, VIEW-BARRIER also has gas barrier properties for oxygen and carbon dioxide.

A specific type of MPI’s X-BARRIER super high gas barrier sheet based packaging film; VIEW-BARRIER is a transparent material with a metal-free structure. Features including anti-reflection, anti-glare, UV-cut, masking-protection, PSA-adhesive, high transparency, low contamination and the stability of gas barrier properties under high temperature and high humidity, can be adapted to meet customer needs.

VIEW-BARRIER is the perfect choice for production of front panels for electronic devices such as electronic paper, organic/non-organic electro-luminescence and photovoltaic modules, in addition to providing next generation thin, light and low-cost flat panel displays. VIEW-BARRIER also allows for a roll-to-roll process rather than glass-plate batch fabrication and has the potential to make printable electronics possible.

MPI has supplied existing manufacturing customers with samples of VIEW-BARRIER for evaluation, and its superb performance qualities have been confirmed. MPI will market the product in Asia, Europe and the Americas, utilising a supply chain system already established by its TECHBARRIER business.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There is something i know : Dynamic HTML is a collective term for a combination of new Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) tags and options, that will let you create Web...
hye friends i m john & i hve UPS & monitor & Keyboead & mouse Sound systeam Can u give me Best Cotations for Mother board of AMD & Intel...
HI I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE FOLLOWING DATA SHAFT DIA:150 mm WEIGHT TO BE TILTED 12000 KGS CALCULATE RPM OF SHAFT AND TORQUE REQUIRED FOR THE MOTOR TO START HOW...
Computer company Acer's UK marketing director seems to think he knows when Windows 7 will be released. His claim: October 23. By most accounts, this date seems a little off....
anyone can help me about analytic hierarchy process . my thesis is "cutting fluid selection using analytic hierarchy process" .