Miramax Is Streaming a Substantial Amount Of Films To Facebook!

Facebook and hollywood studio Miramax have joined hands to bring a new lot of movies to watch directly on the social networking site. Miramax  started producing some of its films for online viewing as rentals at Facebook. The launch of the free Miramax App software increased Facebook's status as an online hub for entertainment and also a virtual medium for for exchanging news, views and happenings with friends and family.
#-Link-Snipped-#
Miramax stated in a #-Link-Snipped-#,"We are big believers in Facebook and what it could mean for the future of the content business." The initial version of the application permitted streaming movies but the software will be developed based on assessment from users, according to the film studio. Each movie rents up to three dollars, with payment accepted in the form of Facebook credits. Miramax said, "Our ultimate goal is to give consumers the opportunity to buy films and store them in their own cloud-based digital locker -- to then access the content anywhere they want, across all devices." Miramax films boast of movies like "Good Will Hunting" and "Pulp Fiction." The application became live in the United States, Britain and Turkey with limited movie choices and was to expand to more countries in a gradual manner.

Reed Hastings, chairman and chief executive of US online video rental enterprise Netflix, found his name in Facebook's Board of Directors in June. Hastings, who established Netflix in 1997, stated that presently Facebook is "propelling a fundamental change in how people connect with each other and share all kinds of content."

Warner Bros. was the first Hollywood studio to use Facebook as a theater this year, by making the 2008 Batman thriller "The Dark Knight" accessible as a streaming rental for US users of Facebook. Hollywood studios have been eyeing various services to broadcast movies online, including Amazon, Netflix, Apple's iTunes, Hulu, YouTube and others. Facebook even has deals with other studios, like Warner Bros., Paramount and Universal, but its partnership with Miramax is its biggest venture yet!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It looks like an Apple iPhone day here on CrazyEngineers VoiCE. Earlier today, we informed you about iPhone 5 being dual mode 'world' phone supporting both GSM and CDMA networks....
Remember the Sony S1 tablet that we introduced to you long time ago? The official name of Sony's android powered tablet is "Sony Tablet S". The global electronics giant was...
Samsung is now ready to launch its new version of gamer notebook which is the best news for game lovers. This new series has been designed to make the gaming...
Facebook has declared a major renovation of how users manage their privacy on the site. Every item posted online will have its own sharing settings, thus deciding who all...
Let me confess - I love Apple Bluetooth Keyboard. While I'm using one to type this post, I'm quite impressed by the looks of the new Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard...