mini projects in vb

hey friends,

i need the details of mini projects that could be done on the plateform of vb and databases.

i have heard about

-----library management systems
-----hotel management systems

etc
friends these topics are common.
i want to do something that is unique.
so please help me out.

thank you.

Replies

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hi Bobin,

Some more -
    1. Timetable generation (user will input subjects, faculty times, class room times)
    2. User will also input subject seriality and topics to be taken for the week

Expected output is a perfect timetable.

Unique enough?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    Hi Bobin,

Some more -
    1. Timetable generation (user will input subjects, faculty times, class room times)

Unique enough?
    Good idea 😀

@ bobin: How about a Cyber Cafe Management System? You can even sell it to a local cyber-cafe for a few bucks
  • mahul
    mahul
    i thought about this about a year back(but being a lazy person never tried to start it). u could try to build an automatic control system for the indian railways maybe. u can have the timings, average and maximum possible speeds and required stations where the trains got to stop. then u can direct trains and maybe arrange their speeds and halts so that there are the fewest delays possible. next u also have to consider the delays due to lots of unforeseen natural and other breakdowns and such stuffs and accordingly redirect these delayed trains based on their priorities( a delayed rajdhani express would definitely need to be given a priority over an on time local train), and there are such a lot of other issues u can end up considering. and if u can come up with something that good maybe u can sell it to the indian railways and be rich overnight and can sit back and njoy the rest of ur life. guys on ce please post ur views about this.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    It might seem like a stupid question, but what are the Indian railways using right now? Excel sheets?? :-D
  • mahul
    mahul
    haha...i had been thinking the same(1 of the reasons i did not start off with this). but i have a hunch that they use nothing at all, maybe that's the reason why we have a woeful number of trains running late every day.
  • jinx
    jinx
    the various projects which could be done on vb platform are
    1. CD library management
    2. admission procedure
    3. online passport registeration
    4. examination result according to the classes
    5. ice cream parlour
    6. pizza hut - account management
  • Gurwinder
    Gurwinder
    hello to all
    I am Gurwinder, student of C.E. Can you tell me how to start yhe mini project of admission procedure in vb?
    Please tell me all the details and specifications that are to be included in it.
  • krishniha
    krishniha
    Recruitment Management System, Document Management System, Cricket Score Board, Embedded Webserver For Remote Access Etc..........
  • krishniha
    krishniha
    Use VB.NET (visual studio 2005), excellent software (Current version) and visual studio 2008 is going to release soooon in the market...
  • krishniha
    krishniha
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    krishniha
    CrazyEngineers
    No use in posting CE Badge here.
  • veens
    veens
    hi...any new ideas for miniprojects in VB?
  • sumith123
    sumith123
    jinx
    the various projects which could be done on vb platform are
    1. CD library management
    2. admission procedure
    3. online passport registeration
    4. examination result according to the classes
    5. ice cream parlour
    6. pizza hut - account management

excellent list ...
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    kidakaka
    Hi Bobin,

Some more -

Unique enough?
    Really Unique!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can we use gas turbines in automobiles in spite of engine if they are can anybody let me know more about them:sshhh::sshhh:
I would like to know wether we can earth the body of a DC machine just like that for a AC machine?If not could you please explain y its shouldnt...
CEans, First it was Altavista, then it was Yahoo and now, its Google. The world has seen improvements in web search technology over the years. Ultimately, crazy engineers like you...
I'll keep the first post short & sweet ( 😒 ) - What according to you is the future of email? Will it be replaced by something else or we're...
Hi! I'm Umar again with a Question... I'm having a paper named "TRANSMISSION & DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS" I want to know what are the recent trends of HVDC transmission lines and...