Milestones and curiosities from The Engineer’s archives

The Engineer UK is a solid 160 year old Engineering Journal. It recently published a miscellany of inventions from its archives. Remarkable march of technology.
Quote:
But now we’ve put the crystal ball away and looked firmly into the past, directing our gaze towards the dusty leather-bound tomes of our classic archive.
The stories in our newly published “From the Archive” supplement are just a taster of the engineering milestones and technical curiosities therein. But, as I’m sure you’ll agree, they provide a fascinating window on the past, and a powerful reminder of the astonishing technological progress that has taken place during The Engineer’s lifetime.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anybody be kind enough to highlight me regarding the property difference of structural members mentioned in IS:2062 Gr. A & IS:808(1989) respectively.
Can anybody be kind enough to highlight me regarding the property difference of structural members mentioned in IS:2062 Gr. A & IS:808(1989) respectively.
Growing up in a middle class family with both his parents working, the entrepreneurship 'bug' made his way into the life of Mark Piarejee only after he had completed engineering....
Take a look around, folks! The Internet is full of event listing websites that are ugly and super-useless! We engineers deserve better for our engineers; and that's the reason we...
I wish I have more days ! 3rd Dec 2016 is one of most memorable day for me. In Morning it was great time with CEan @Rupam Das And Afternoon...