Migration from 2.5G to 3G

Hi All,

Please answer my below query..Its urgent

Is it possible for the operators to migrate from 2.5G to 4G directly?

Suppose one operator has some GSM+GPRS subscribers. And that operator wants to migrate them to 4G directly. Is it possible?

Please heclp..Its urgent.

Thanks

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    he should be able to until the mobile equipement is not compatible 😁

on the serious note, yes, 2.5 , 3 4G are all different generations of techonlogy beign used by various companies various frequecies on which they services operates , using new techinques for coding

and for all this you would need a pretty phone to support 😀
  • deepak1983
    deepak1983
    Thanks Durga for your reply..
    Let me explain my doubt clearly
    Below is my understanding how the migration will be from 2.5 to 4G.

1. First the 2.5G network has to be migrated to 3G UMTS and then 4G/LTE.
    2. Or directly we can use the same 2.5G network equipment(hardware) to migrate from 2.5G to 4G directly instead of going like this 2.5G-3G-4G

I know point-1 is correct...What about Point-2.

Thanks
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ok..
    it depends
    1.if a company id already on 3G they can do an upgrade of software and hardware simultaneoulsy.
    2.If they are on 2.5G, i still dont think any company will spend thier revenue in upgradin it to 3G as a process to upgrade to 4G . techincally you can do upgrade to 3g and then to 4G

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey CE'ers. Just a quick introduction. I hope to hear alot from you guys in the future. Great site! Thanks! Name: Leon Pretorius *Engineering Trade: Mechatronical student at the University...
I am an application engineer working for the private company. I want the information about the FRACAS - criticality analysis for the electronic systems-for defence applications.
Hey guys. I am currently working on my final year project at my university. First of all I should mention that the budget for my project is extremely small; so...
Hello all, Nice to see all the answers. I am looking for the nano technology simulator from the past so many weeks. Can any one suggest any vendors who are...
hello can you suggest me any books for beginner in C++?