Microsoft's Branded Windows 8 Tablet By 2012?

Microsoft Windows is nowhere to be seen on the tablets except few odd ones. Microsoft can't afford to stay behind the competition in the growing tablet popularity. It's being said that Microsoft is gearing to launch their own brand Windows 8 tablet by end of 2012. Currently, the market is filled with iPad and everything else.

It's apparant that people are preferring to buy tablets than laptops and tablets may soon replace desktops and laptops as business machines. If that happens - Apple and Android have all the dominance and Microsoft is literally at ground zero.

Microsoft presented impressive capabilities of their upcoming Windows 8 operating system which will run across all the platforms. What do you think about Windows 8 Tablet?

Replies

• X-Engineer
    X-Engineer
    Windows 8 ..Is it new OS to be released or ...a Tablet??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    X-Engineer
    Windows 8 ..Is it new OS to be released or ...a Tablet??
    Windows 8 is the next version of popular Windows operating system. It will be a single operating system that will work across various platform - Desktop, Laptop and Tablets. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    Windows 8 is the next version of popular Windows operating system. It will be a single operating system that will work across various platform - Desktop, Laptop and Tablets. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Wow nice to hear... Didn't know this one but when is the release date? Before 2012??? ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    The_Big_K
    Something like the new Ubuntu? One OS for all platforms, Laptops, Desktops, Netbooks, etc!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    You may read about Windows 8 here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nintendo recently released the new tablet like controller for their next generation console called Wii U. The controller has a giant screen that complements the game-play on the big screen...
- [SIZE=-1]DIY mobile phone[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]with full-format telephone keyboard powered from [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]AAA batteries. Open source code, free schematic. [/SIZE]
I've heard that Apple has killed ndrv_setspec() integeroverflow in IOS 5 beta which makes the phone more difficult to jailbreak. I've also heard that the IOS 5 beta was jailbroken...
I remember that in one of the projects I worked on as a software engineer, our team always had debates on how to name our UNIX servers. Today's Dilbert comics...
I think Lego has this fantastic product called Mindstorms NXT 3.0 which has all the elements to help you learn, program and build robots from scratch. Here's the link: LEGO.com...