Microsoft Windows XP, Vista & 7 Support Dates Extended

Microsoft's silently announce that they will offer support for the past and current version of Windows Operating Systems for an extended period of time. The support will now extend from regular 5 to 10 years. The new support dates are as follows:-

• Windows XP: Until 2014
  • Windows Vista: Until 2017
  • Windows 7: Until 2020
Are you happy now?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    organizations will be happy...they still use XP because number of software creates trouble on win 7.
    EX. JDeveloper 12.
    support for Windows vista😲
    and personal user!!! who use XP and if any one use it , who needs support 😉
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Windows Vista was a disaster but I'm quite happy with Windows 7. The Redmond giant worked hard on removing the most pathetic bugs from Vista. Let's hope to have a rock solid Windows 8. By the way, I'm quite happy with OSX these days. Will install Windows 8 on Mac once it's out.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Does this support include patch and security updates?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Does this support include patch and security updates?
    No clear information about this; but if they're going to offer support; they better be offering the security patches.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The Windows XP is a bad news for me in the office! 😔
    Why Windows 7 only till 2020??? Looks kinda short... Isn't it?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Theme of SATTVA 2012: This year Sattva has chosen the theme “ EXPRESS ". ”In today’s fast paced world an individual has no time to wait; they want everything the...
Can anyone help me out to know about Magic t
yes !! this seems true to know the algo used by search engines.Now computer engineeing has grown and indeed has provided a lot to IT and world.Here is the online...
Well, I always had a doubt of what would be the exact definition of help would be as many always expects lot from others from whom they prefers to seek...
from a deck of 52 cards one card is lost. Two cards are drawn from the remaining cards and is found to be of diamond. find the pro that the...