Microsoft Research: World Wide Telescope [WWT]

CEans,

How many of you know that Microsoft Research has launched World Wide Telescope software?

I guess its worth a try [only if your system supports it]

Here's what Microsoft says about WWT : -

The WorldWide Telescope (WWT) is a Web 2.0 visualization software environment that enables your computer to function as a virtual telescope—bringing together imagery from the best ground and space-based telescopes in the world for a seamless exploration of the universe
What say?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    ET phone home! 😉

Thats awesome stuff.. I was thinking of ways to kick start my interests in Astronomy, minus the costs of buying telescopes 😛
  • mdronsubbs
    mdronsubbs
    its a kickass thing...its awesome
  • devesh
    devesh
    thats great...
    I think i should develop some interest in Astronomy now 😛 😉
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    awesome development from Microsoft people.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    thats why its Microsoft...will be the best of the lot

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

All thinkers and theoreticians, all those hu wanna feel the theory of everything, interested in Fundamental physics, hu marvel at the quantization of time.....DO READ IT.
Where can I find a (credible) ranking of online MBA programs?
hye guys.. since my next semester i will be participate in robotic competition and i need to do some presentation about this robotics..can somebody explain to me ==overview of the...
CEans, The thought has been around for a long time on CE - CrazyEngineers offline meet! I'm sure each one of us would love to meet other CEans offline. I'm...
hi, friends getting some problem in socket connection b\w two systems.....progrmme is running in a standalone..but not in across the network.....in our project we are using...socket programming for communication and...