Microsoft Lumia 650 Offers Windows 10 Mobile On A Budget

While other smartphone manufacturers wait until the Mobile World Congress to launch their new devices, Microsoft has jumped the gun and unveiled its first mid-range Windows 10 Mobile offering, the Lumia 650. While some analysts predict that the Lumia 650 could probably be the last smartphone in the Lumia line-up owing to rumours of a Surface Phone, the success or failure of this smartphone could probably determine if Microsoft proceeds on this premise. The Lumia 650 will be up for sale in the European markets starting from 18th of this month for a retail price of $199 USD (13548 INR). The smartphone will be sold in matte black and matte white colour variants instead of bright colour variants for which the Lumia family used to be popular. The smartphone has been aimed at business users; maybe that’s why they ditched the funky colours.

Microsoft Lumia 650 1
Microsoft Lumia 650 3 Microsoft Lumia 650 4 Microsoft Lumia 650 2

Just like erstwhile mid-range Nokia Lumia smartphones, the Microsoft Lumia 650 sports a 5-inch OLED 720p HD (1280 x 720) display that is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and is laced with ClearBlack and sunlight readability enhancements. Underneath the hood, we find a not-so-impressive Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 SoC that houses a 1.3GHz quad-core CPU, Adreno 304 GPU and 1GB of RAM which may be enough to run the still-yet-unpolished Windows 10 Mobile but we are afraid to say that it won’t be enough to support Continuum which was a highlight of the flagship handsets, Microsoft Officially Unveils Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL Windows 10 Smartphones.

Microsoft Lumia 650 5

The internal memory on the Microsoft Lumia 650 is 16GB and you get the option of expanding that storage with the help of a microSD card slot that is capable of gobbling cards of up to 128GB. The main camera on the rear is an 8MP one supported by LED flash and on the front we find a 5MP wide angle camera. Unfortunately, Microsoft has ditched ZEISS optics on both the lenses. One of the surprising omissions on the Lumia 650 is Full HD video recording; you can only record 720p HD videos.

Connectivity options on the Microsoft Lumia 650 include, 4G LTE (Dual SIM), microUSB, Bluetooth 4.1 and Wi-Fi. This Windows 10 smartphone is powered by a user-removable 2000mAh battery that will suffice for a day’s usage or more considering Windows’ stingy battery consumption on Battery Saver mode. You can know more about the Microsoft Lumia 650 on the Microsoft Lumia 650: sophisticated, metal design and Windows 10 under $200 USD | Microsoft Devices Blog and its #-Link-Snipped-# on the official Microsoft website.

Replies

• Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Sometime I wonder is MS really interested in serving the needs of Indian population ? when the android fellows are launching some high end phones in reasonable price band with superlative features.why do these guys not interested in matching / competing them.

MS should understand Why would any person pay ~ INR 15 k for a phone which has low RAM,Camera,battery, processors & other facilities against the marshmallow fellows who are selling the out-of-the-box Kit in similar range.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A group of researchers from the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center has invented an economical and non-invasive technology to detect the presence of Cancerous cells as well as other life...
I had been a dont net developer for 5 years then there is a bad turn in my life and i had to discontinue with my Programming field. No its...
Indian smartphone manufacturer XOLO has launched a new entry level smartphone that shall be sold exclusively on Gadgets360 with help of flash sales. The XOLO Era 4K gets the moniker...
I am an electrical engineer fresher and I opted to start my career from IT sector. I have these career options Networking CCNA Windows –> MCSA Testing –> ISTQB Linux...
I am currently in project of design and construction of hybrid car i need help advice contacts and materials