Microsoft Launches Surface Pro 4 And Its First Laptop - Surface Book

Yesterday, on 6th October, Microsoft launched the much anticipated Microsoft Officially Unveils Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL Windows 10 Smartphones. In the same event, along with the phones Microsoft also launched the 4th generation of their Surface Pro tablet series and their first ever laptop which they have named as Surface Book. Let’s look at the specs and other details of these devices.

Surface Pro 4
Surface Pro 4 is the successor of Microsoft’s highly popular Surface Pro 3 tablet. The newly launched tablet has a screen size of 12.3 inches with a resolution of 2736x1824 pixels and is covered by Corning Gorilla Glass 4. Microsoft is offering numerous variants of this tablet by allowing the user to choose from Intel’s 6th gen processors- Core M3, Core i5 and Core i7. These 3 processors will be supported by Intel HD Graphics 515, Intel HD Graphics 520, and Intel Iris Graphics respectively.

The highlight of the Surface Pro 4 is the new stylus that it comes with. Microsoft is calling this stylus as #-Link-Snipped-#. Among other features, the most notable feature is that if you click on the top of the pen once, it opens the Microsoft’s OneNote on the tablet and if you click twice, then it takes a screenshot. Also, the pen comes with Cortana integration.

microsoft_surface_pro_4

The base model of the tablet will have 4GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage. Numerous variants of the same are possible with the maximum RAM being 16GB and maximum storage of 1 TB. The tablet has an 8 MP rear camera and a 5 MP front camera. It has 4 USB 3.0 ports, 1 Ethernet port and a fingerprint scanner. The tablet will offer a battery life of 9 hours on a single charge.

The base model of the Surface Pro 4 costs $899 (Rs 58,000 approx.). It is available for pre-order from today i.e. October 7th while its shipping will begin from 26th October.

Surface Book
Although, it is a huge news, but Microsoft launched their first laptop, Surface Book very quietly in the same event without much fanfare.

The laptop has a PixelSense display of 13.5 inches with the same Corning Gorilla Glass 4 and a resolution of 3000x2000 pixels. The laptop too, like Surface Pro 4, offers multiple variants. It comes with a choice of Intel Core i5 or i7 processors and also with a choice of either 8 GB of RAM or 16 GB of RAM. Microsoft has even claimed that their laptop is twice as fast as MacBook Pro.

The trackpad has five finger multi-touch support while the display has 10 finger support. The Surface Book can also be used as a tablet thanks to the dynamic Fulcrum Hinge. The keyboard quay has 2 USB 3.0 ports and a card reader. The laptop offers connectivity options of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0

microsoft_surface_book

Just like MacBook Pro, Surface Book is claimed to offer a battery life of 12 hours. Also, Microsoft’s tablet is lighter as compared to MacBook Pro. The 13 inch MacBook Pro weighs around 4.5 pounds (2 kg approx.) while the Surface Book weighs 1.52 kg.

The base model of the Surface book costs $1499 (Rs 97,000 approx.). Just like the Surface Pro 4, it too is available for pre-order from today i.e. October 7th while its shipping will begin from 26th October.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

https://www.ptc.com/File Library/IoT...er Email 2&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua
Microsoft has announced the India launch for its new Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim smartphone called - Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE Dual SIM. The phone was first unveiled...
I urgently need an information about the colleges that i might get for M.Tech without GATE score. Better if its in West Bengal! And with the minimum fees structure! Hoping...
15 Things Every Newbie Needs to Know About Starting a Business
This topic is selected on basis of need of general awareness regarding our innovating ideas and our actions. I am sure about that we often think some crazy things😛 which...