Microsoft Cortana Recognises Indian Accent

Microsoft Cortana, the digital voice assistance has officially been announced in India. Cortana arrives with Indian voice / accent support through the latest update to Windows 10. Microsoft's Terry Myerson #-Link-Snipped-# that the update is Windows 10's first major update that's being rolled out for the PCs and Tablets worldwide. Cortana's features have been tweaked to localise them for Japanese, Australian, Canadian and Indian markets.

Cortana was demonstrated for India through Microsoft's Insider Preview program back in September. During the preview, Microsoft said that it's working on customizing the digital voice assistant to make it work with Indian accent.

The new Cortana that arrives through Windows update will not only recognise the Indian accent, but will also feature suggestions made via Indian specific knowledge pool. For example, Cortana now perfectly understands your questions about cricket and pani-puri. Cortana has also been made aware of the Indian customs and festivals.

Microsoft-Cortana-Indian-Accentโ€‹

Cortana has become one of the central features of the Windows 10 operating system and the Microsoft ecosystem. Microsoft's integrated it in the Microsoft Edge : Top Features That Matter and also made it available for Cortana for iOS and Android; because everything's connected!.

Cortana will now work with several of the popular apps on your Windows devices. It can help you book tickets using BookMyShow app. It will also help you take a selfie with just a voice command. If you allow Cortana, it can also look into your emails and notify you about your upcoming events and meetings. Of course, you can inform Cortana to reschedule your meeting.

Natural Voice Recognition has become one of the most important part of the modern software for mobile devices. Apple's been making Apple's Siri Will Now Understand English With Indian Accent understand Indian accent and now Microsoft's in the field as well. The challenge for both Microsoft and Apple is to make the software smart enough to make it understand Indian accent very accurately. The problem is that there are several of 'Indian accents' the software will have to understand. Cortana has had problems understanding its top boss's accent -

โ€‹
Do let us know your thoughts about Cortana. If you have updated your computer with the latest update, share your experience with the new Cortana with us.

Replies

• Dishti Sheth
    Dishti Sheth
    completely worth it..cortana will be the best thing to experience india in a new way ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dishti Sheth
    completely worth it..cortana will be the best thing to experience india in a new way ๐Ÿ˜€
    It could be. I'm not sure if Windows phones are as popular as androids. I hope Microsoft guys get their stuff right. I'm happy with what Google Now does with Indian accent though. Samsung's own natural voice processing system is good too.
  • Dishti Sheth
    Dishti Sheth
    I wish Microsoft tie ups with all for cortana.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, Hope I'm posting this in the right forum! I have some questions with regards to 4330V steel. This is a Vanadium-modified 4330 steel, with Vanadium contents ranging from...
Which course is better among embedded systems, VLSI, Java, .net, Oracle & networking. First of all i would like to thank these forums for providing valuable information about the languages,...
Google Chrome is the most used browser across the Android phones throughout the world. However, a recently demonstrated experiment shows that it is the most easily exploitable browser on an...
Snapdeal has introduced 'Snap-lite', the mobile optimised version of snapdeal.com. The timing of the announcement is quite interesting as it comes just about four days after its rival Flipkart announced...
I had chosen Quora daily data analysis, it means I had the rough data (it is obtained by subtracting qids of 2 ques. of two days) of ques. per day....