Microsoft brings Bing 2.0

In a tugoff war to capture the internet Microsoft has announced some great enhancements to its search engine Bing being touted as Bing 2.0

[​IMG]

The features are:

* The beta version Bing Maps that uses Silverlight and Photosynth imagery, available today. There’s also Twitter Maps “for real-time updates by area and Local Lens featuring hyperlocal, neighborhood content.”

* A new Bing Windows Mobile app that includes improved auto-locate and voice search that is due to be rolled out over the next few days.

* A new Bing toolbar “which flags online content and alerts you when you’re about to make a purchase that qualifies for Bing cashback.”

* A social-network Visual Search capability that integrates Facebook and Twitter. It’s “coming soon,” according to Microsoft. (Microsoft announced and began rolling out Visual Search this past fall.)

Microsoft is coming.. Watch out Google

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft revealed some information about what’s coming in Internet Explorer 9 and Silverlight 4 Internet Explorer 9 IE team is about three weeks into the IE 9 project. Microsoft is...
Hi, i m final yr BE student. i want to make a project on " Robot for solving rubics cube using image processing". i had go on through various sites...
Gmail has long had keyboard shortcuts, though learning them can be difficult. Enter the Gboard, a specialized mini-keyboard for Google's e-mail service. It debuts this Friday at an asking price...
We have a shopping cart that was set up by a consultant who is no longer available. We just have a new merchant credit card company who requires a three...
Hello everyone.. Thanks for all your supports so far. Does anyone know how i can start writing a software for Adaptive Filter using MATLAB? Or guid me to a direction?!...