Micron Announced 16nm Flash Process Technology For SSD.

Micron Technology, Inc., the only Titan of the 'Storage Technology' has announced the next generation of Flash process technology which will be used in SSDs. The latest die fabricated using 16nm process technology(which is capable of yielding 6TB storage from single wafer) will enable to develop the industry's smallest 128GB MLC NAND Flash Memory device. Micron in it's blog claims to be,"Most advanced processing node for any sampling semiconductor device." By far it is among the low-cost MLC device in existence.

Glen Hawk, VP of Micron's NAND Solutions group said :
Micron's dedicated team of engineers has worked tirelessly to introduce the world's smallest and most advanced Flash manufacturing technology.Our customers continually ask for higher capacities in smaller form factors, and this next-generation process node allows Micron to lead the market in meeting those demands.
Few leaked screenshots :

xx

x

xxxx

xxx

This latest technology will benefit the next-generation commercial storage products like SSDs,Mobile handsets,Data centre cloud storage,USB Drives,etc.

The production of MLC NAND Flash memory device alongwith their partners will start from October 2013 & the chips will be shipped in the SSDs commercially from 2014 onwards.

This latest development by Micron assures it's global leadership in Storage Technology World.

Source : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 009
    Cheaper SSD's 😁
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Can't wait for these smaller chips to roll out.

P.S. You could have been a voice author #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    anoopthefriend
    Can't wait for these smaller chips to roll out.
    Larger storage SSDs with better price. It won't be cheaper than current SSDs though.

anoopthefriend
    P.S. You could have been a voice author #-Link-Snipped-#
    No way man, I am not good in vocabulary, you know. BTW I got the opportunity to be VoiCEan 5 months back, I declined it because of ongoing academics. 👀
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Abhishek Rawal
    Larger storage SSDs with better price. It won't be cheaper than current SSDs though.

No way man, I am not good in vocabulary, you know. BTW I got the opportunity to be VoiCEan 5 months back, I declined it because of ongoing academics. 👀

It will get cheaper with time. That's what we've seen over the years.

You can easily do VoICE, not much vocabulary is required. The simple the better. You're anyways creating lots of useful threads and giving a good performance for the competition. Give it a try man!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am te instrumentation engineering student i want topics for miniproject of sccd suject sem 5 plz help😀
https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/this-robot-takes-care-of-30-000-mice-like-a-gentleman.69257/ Well this link depicits an engineering marvel in itself What is your take on it guys? Any idea how this works ? Controllers used and possible operation of it...
Hi guys Actually when i was creating a web site , struck with a problem . In the bellow code , i want to direct to a web page when...
Say hello to world's first ever robot with stainless steel body featuring seven degrees of freedom. The bot has been developed by Japan's Kawasaki Heavy Industries and is expected to...
We've been getting reports from the social media that the Syrian Electronic Army has hacked Truecaller - arguably the largest collaborative online phone directory. eHackingNews reports that the hackers got...