Micromax X259 Solar Phone | Price: Rs. 2.5k | Will It Work?

Micromax X259 is the latest introduction in the economy phone market by the company that set a revolution in the mobile markets of India. The phone employs Solar Energy to power itself and if I'm not mistaken, this is the first ever phone by Micromax that uses alternative mechanism to power itself. We informed you about the rumors of the #-Link-Snipped-# back in April and Micromax has finally introduced it. Given the price tag of only Rs. 2400, I'm quite confident that it will be hot popular among the places which face heavy load shedding.

Micromax-X259

Apart from the 2.4" QVGA screen and 1000 mAh battery, there's nothing much to look forward to in this phone. As with most of the Micromax phones, you get dual-SIM support which is one of the desired features. You'd also get bluetooth and expandable 4GB memory slot which should be enough to give you hours of music for your travel to remote places. FM radio is also included so that you don't have complaints to make about the lack of features.

Nokia attempted a #-Link-Snipped-# but then abandoned the project saying it's not commercially viable to launch it in the markets. It now looks like Nokia was aiming to release a solar power smartphone; which would definitely require better power supply. Given the battery draining capabilities of most modern mobile operating systems like Android, iOS, BB - I think we'll have to wait for a long time before we see a solar powered smartphone.

Do you think Micromax's done a great job with this phone? Do you think it will work in India? Share your views below.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Seems worth it, though it remains to see how the call quality is like (whether sacrifices were made in the phone Tx power). Given that size of solar cell, it will take quite a while to charge a 1000 mAh battery.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Right, it'll take a while to charge - but that shouldn't be a problem in most of the India.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Micromax is targeting Turn Key Mobile feature to sell mobile phones.

I'm sure this will be best phone with unique feature in low budget range.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Micromax is targeting Turn Key Mobile feature to sell mobile phones.

I'm sure this will be best phone with unique feature in low budget range.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir how to make a Printed circuit board (PCB) in home?? I've seen some techniques but i didn't found those chemicals like ferric chloride.. I need help for this sir...
CrazyEngineers conference is our casual online discussion facility for the members with 10+ posts on CE. We're running it as an experiment for about a week or two. This thread...
I created this program, which is later connected to another code to form a software.. Actually, now I want to make my software private. I mean, it must work on...
Rumors are spreading on the Internet that the popular news aggregation website, DIGG (which was the darling of web and publishers in the last decade) has been acquired by meager...
this is AKSHAY FROM SANGLI... NICE FEELING AFTER JOIN WITH THIS GROUP...