Micromax Unite 2 Launched At Rs. 6,999 - Features 4.7 Inch Screen, Android 4.4 And Quad Core

Micromax India has launched a new smartphone called the "Unite 2" in India today. Featuring 21 pre-loaded languages, the Micromax Unite 2, lets you type in your own language with beautiful fonts using a predictive typing interface with Reverie Smartpad. Featuring a 4.7 inch Bright Graph IPS screen with a 480 x 800 pixel resolution, the phone is powered by a 1.3GHz Quad core processor, a Mali-400 MP2 GPU and 1GB RAM. Running on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system, the phone brings all the useful apps from Google such as Docs, Drive and Google Now in one package. In India, the phone is set to compete with the likes of Moto E smartphone, if not others.

Available in four different vibrant color options, including - Balmy Green, Mystic Grey, Pristine White and Raging Red, the Unite 2 smartphone packs inside it 4G of ROM (internal memory) which is expandable up to 32 GB via microSD card. Among the connectivity options, the users will find - 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB, GPS and HSPA network. The phone sports a 5 megapixel AF back camera with flash and a 2 megapixel front camera with flash and auto-focus. The video resolution, recording and playback is all set at 720 pixels. On the phone's body, the only connectors you will find are a 3.5 mm audio jack for plugging in the earphones or speakers and a micro USB port of charging and data cable.

micromax-unite-2-smartphone

micromax-unite-2-A106-2 micromax-unite-2-A106-3 micromax-unite-2-A106-4 micromax-unite-2-A106-5

Among the suit of apps that come preloaded with the Unite 2 smartphone are - the Games (Burm the Rope, Smash It, Marbles), Kingsoft, Getit, Opera Mini, M! Live, Hike, MAD, MiGames, Games Club, Reverie phonebook & Smartpad. Among these, Micromax Canvas MAd A94 Phone And App Pays You For Watching Ads lets you make a call, watch an Ad and get money added to your phone's balance. This works in both Pre-paid & Post-paid connections & across all operators.

That's all about the features and specs of the all new Micromax Unite 2 smartphone. If you have any comments on its comparison to other Android phones in the market, do leave them in the replies below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    If I will compare this with exactly same price device MOTO E -

Screen: Micromax Unite 2 is packaged with 4.7 inch IPS display; however resolution of 800X480 pixels with 199 PPI. MOTO E has 4.3 inch IPS LCD display along with a qHD resolution of 960X540 pixels with 256 PPI,

Result - SO here MOTO E wins the race with clearer picture quality.

Processor: Moto E has 1.2 GHz dual core Snapdragon 200 chipset with an Adreno 302 GPU and 1 GM RAM. However Micromax has 1.3 Ghz MediaTek MT6582 processor (most likely) with 1 GB of RAM and a Mali 400 GPU.

Result - Seemingly Micromax is clear winner when it will come to processor.

Camera: MOTO E has 5MP rear camera and no front camera and compatriot Micromax Unite 2 has 5MP rear and 2MP front camera

Result - Micromax is the winner again.

Battery: Micromax has slightly better battery (2000mAh in comparison to 1980 of MOTO E); however comparing the bigger screen and processor, here MOTO E is expected to give better time to user.

Result: MOTO E has upper hand.

Finally, I would say Micromax has a slight upper hand and I would give my vote to Unite 2.
  • Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    Moto E got schooled. Micromax thumbs up.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great competitor at right time for MotoE.
    Only the availability of secondary cam, autofocus and flash makes unite 2 to be a good choice of you wanna a have video chat.Otherwise, MotoE would be my preference due to its reliability and reputation .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

From robOTs (Robotic operation theatres) to suspended animation these appear to be crazy inventions. Might save lots of lives in the future. Quote: Richard Satava calls himself a “technology harvester”...
I was wondering why don't we get Tapatalk for Crazy Engineers? Its a free forum app. And if the site management is interested, they can even get a BYO app...
We have a 'Namo'motor zipping around in Delhi churning things up. Here is a nano one that wants to zip around inside us spinning at 18000 RPM pushing things into...
Quote: The Lightning LS-218 boasts a model number that actually means something. Back in 2012, a prototype of the electric bike clocked in a wholly unnecessary (yet much appreciated) 218mph,...
Disclaimer: The poster is not responsible if one ends up with an empty wallet. I personally do not belive that anything is totally free. Quote: It turns out that you...