Micro electrical mechanical systems.

It sounds like mechatronics, but it is not so. it deals with electrical systems as small as 10^(-9) metres and it finds application in all the fields of engineering including bio-medicals .

can anyone tell me more about what this thing is all about. so far i know only of one application of this, and that is, the print heads of inkjet printers.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I use a MEMS based pressure transducer for a steam sterilizer.
    MEMS are of many kinds. Not necessarily nano metric sized.
    What is MEMS Technology?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    There is a lot of info on mems with photographs here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Thank you sir!
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    MEMS has vast applications ranging from bio-medical, defence, automobiles,security etc.This subject integrates Electronics & Mechanical Engineering at Nano scale,we can achieve many complex solution with this

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I guess my other thread was deleted. Sorry that it's been so long. Got the 2nd prototype of my patent (pat#: 8,226,026 B2) in the air. Minor adsjustments needed this...
hai friends. i need ur help in buying a wifi modem. i have got a BSNL modem ( without wifi).now iam in need of a wifi modem..in internet i surfed...
hi, i belong to ece department (3 rd year).In our university we are having a co-diploma course in vlsi technology,is such course helpful ? if so how please help me...
I would like to apply for the post of Student Intern in a reputed organization. I am presently pursuing B.Tech in Electrical Engineering with a C.G.P.A of 9.13 from SRM...
I bet the following robot must have brought an A+ to the students who designed it as a final year project. The robot crawls the chalkboard and erases all the...