micro controller help

hey ppl, i need help for my final year project. basically, we are doing a open parking lot, powered by solar panel and batteries. we have IR transmitter and receiver at each parking lot. we only have 5, it is just a prototype. i still need to design a 7 display segment in order to show the number of available slot left, it will be much more useful. so this mean, the number shown on the display segment will always be 5 if there is no car, and if a car comes in and park, it will be 4. basically, just -1 from the base number. and +1 if a car leave the lot. what micro controller should i use? or if nt, is there any simpler way to achieve this? how should i go about doing it? i do nt have much time left to do, maybe abt 2 month. i need serious help, thanks alot.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Welcome to CE,
    You simply want to count the number of cars in the parking right?
    Then you must have to sense the direction of the Car whether it is IN or OUT and according to it Display on Seven Segment..

You can use Simply AT89C52 Controller from ATMEL. it is very good solution for the beginner.

so what is the status of your project?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Once in a while we come up with questions, where we want to find difference between 2 or more things. We sometimes want a systematic point-to-point difference and at the...
CEans, We are planning to run competitions throughout the end of this year and we need competition ideas. We'll run all the competitions online and every member should be able...
brothers I have chosen a project related to ajax.The topic is USE AJAX TO PREVENT REPEAT FORM SUBMISSION, Can somebody tell me how to proceed with.Just now learned php and...
Please suggest some site or provide some soft copy Material about this Please help me
When I first read this news, I went, "Wow! What a Cool Name!" 😀 The new *Army of Awesome* program unveiled yesterday is designed to bring together Firefox experts and...