Mexico sees its first open-source village cellphone network

Quote:
Using simple radio receivers, a laptop and relatively inexpensive Internet technologies, the people of the village have leapfrogged into the 21st century by setting up what amounts to their own mini-telecom company — one capable of handling 11 cellphone calls at a time at a small fraction of what they used to pay.
Endquote
Mexico sees its first open-source village cellphone network

This item figured in the Engineering for Change newsletter.

May be some CEan can try this out in some remote village. Can be a ECE project.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to have wi-fi connection in my Laptop. At home I am using BSNL broadband modem. Can someone give me step by step guide, how to install Wi-fi network?
A Fora video talk on entrepreneurship: https://fora.tv/2013/09/26/The_Corne...il&utm_term=0_de23702f3b-16475fd76d-295725241
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Gionee has launched its latest flagship device in the Indian market- the Elife E6, for Rs 22,999/-. The handset sports a uni-body design, and features a 5-inch...
hi, we are aware that in frequency modulation, frequency of carrier is made proportional to message signals (without adding any constant term). Similar are the principles of phase modulation, angle...
hello, I am enthralled to inform you that this year we are trying to simulate a photo-detector using MAT LAB. It stands out from the lot in the fact that...