Methods to control knocking

sir,
what are the methods to control knocking....?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Changing of Fuel is one solution other than that using Pb was a solution not used now a days though
  • anjali zendre
    anjali zendre
    viratvicky
    sir,
    what are the methods to control knocking....?
    knocking or detonation occurs due to abnormal combustion of fuel in combustion chamber.

abnormal combustion occurs due to low self ignition temp. of fuel and short ignition delay period..
    it is the basic problem in S.I. engine....
    we can control the knocking by using following methods:
    1. maintain compression ratio in between 6-10.
    2. avoid supercharging in S.I. engine.
    3. maintain inlet temperature in lower range.
    4. maintain load applying in the automobile. it result inc-res the temp. due to this knocking also increase.
  • anjali zendre
    anjali zendre
    5. use retarded spark. if advance spark is used it will rise the temperature.
    6. select proper location of spark plug so that flam travel distance must be small.
    7. exhaust valve must locate close to spark plug.
    8. limit the engine size. be-cos if it will increase it result increase in flam travel distance.
    9. use turbulent s in engine. it reduce knocking.
    10.use proper fuel air ratio.and increase the speed of flame.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

as per title i want to know that what is the difference between website and blog in detail in every sense.
I'm trying to create GUI app using DEV C++. Is anyone familiar with this?? Facing a few problems understanding the stuff in the code! 😳 Tag : grsalvi , simplycoder
So, Anonymous has done it again. The BSNL's website has been hacked and defaced with the following message being displayed - Hacked by Anonymous indiasupport Aseem trivedi(cartoonist) and alok dixit...
Hello CEans,😁 Before you start actual reading :-This post contain topic from mechanical Engineering syllabus. Any topic associated with two links. :Info_Links: this contain pages where your topic content available....
Okay, this is driving me nuts. I've heard this tune somewhere before but can't recall. Here's a snippet of the tune https://www.zedge.net/ringtone/1402743/?cep=14 Can someone tell me details, album, artist so...